At Lyft, our mission is to improve people’s lives with the world’s best transportation. To do this, we start with our own community by creating an open, inclusive, and diverse organization.
Lyft is looking for a hands-on Associate Service Mechanic to join the Lyft Bikes & Scooters team in Denver, CO. You will be responsible for supporting both day-to-day maintenance of our rideables as well as warehouse operations. You will report to the Lead Mechanic and work together to ensure reliability and availability of our scooter and bike fleet through key serviceability initiatives as well as overall operational excellence for the local micro-mobility program. This job is based in our Denver, CO warehouse and will work a set full-time schedule of five (5) eight-hour shifts per week. We operate 24/7 with multiple shifts available (AM or PM) and offer robust benefits for all full-time employees.
If you share our vision for transportation that empowers local communities, reduces our environmental footprint and brings people together, we’d love to meet you!
- Performs daily repair and maintenance operations, including diagnosis and repair of electro-mechanical issues, preventive maintenance procedures and routine field quality and safety inspections.
- Maintain bike and scooter service records using a work order management system.
- Ensure that all assets are functioning, safe, and clean
- Drive and operate a vehicle (e.g., Sprinter van, E-Trike) to perform maintenance work on bikes and/or scooters in the field.
- Perform physical tasks including racking and charging scooters, batteries or other equipment as needed.
- Assembling and setting up new bikes and scooters or other equipment.
- Perform general housekeeping duties in the warehouse which include but are not limited to reorganizing the bikes or scooters, assisting with loading and unloading vans, inflating tires, etc.
- Support inventory counts for repair supplies and spare parts
- Monitor operational metrics to evaluate on-going operations and make process-improvement recommendations, as needed.
- Participate in Lyft team meetings to help brainstorm and collaborate to set priorities and support operations.
- Train team members as well as bike and scooter maintenance vendors.
- Serve as Lyft onsite representative with keyholder and open/close responsibilities and authority to set routes and assign keys/phones to drivers.
- Cross-train for in-field operations, including in-field repair work and maintenance duties.
- Other duties as assigned
- Prior experience as a mechanic; hands-on electro-mechanic experience a plus.
- Aptitude for using tools commonly needed for repair of vehicles, bikes and scooters.
- Work experience in a fast-paced environment such as a service or distribution center
- Strong problem structuring and solving skills
- Safety-focused mindset with a get-it-done attitude and strong attention to detail
- Must have a valid unrestricted driver’s license
- Must have a reliable means of transportation to and from the warehouse in central Denver
- Have and maintain a satisfactory driving record and be insurable under Lyft’s policy
- Ability to lift up to 70 lbs repetitively throughout the duration of your shift; stoop, bend, and stand for long periods of time
- Proficiency with common technology tools like smartphones, Slack, Google Sheets, Google Docs, etc. preferred
- Ability to work non-standard hours as part of a set full-time schedule of five (5) eight-hour shifts per week to support the 24/7 operation (including weekends and holidays).
- 15 days paid time off plus paid sick time and holiday pay offered on 12 observed holidays
- Great medical, dental, and vision insurance options including mental health benefits
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, and foster parents are all eligible
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- Pre-tax commuter benefits for transit purposes to help with your commute to and from work
- Annual Lyft Pink Membership with benefits including rideshare savings, bike & scooter discounts and more!
Lyft is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
The expected range of pay for this position in the US is $20-$24 per hour. Salary ranges are dependent on a variety of factors, including qualifications, experience and geographic location. Range is not inclusive of potential equity offering, bonus or benefits. Your recruiter can share more information about the salary range specific to your working location and other factors during the hiring process.