- Full Time
Karma Automotive, founded in 2014, is a southern California based producer of luxury electric vehicles. Headquartered in Irvine, CA, Karma sells vehicles via its dealer network in North America, Europe, South America and the Middle East. Karma’s production facility (referred to as Karma's Innovation and Customization Center) is located in Moreno Valley, CA and offers world-class customization, and manufacturing services along with electrification platforms. Karma’s flagship vehicle, the Revero® GT, was awarded Green Car Journal’s 2020 Luxury Green Car of the Year™. In 2021 Karma announced the GS-6 Series which include an extended-range series hybrid EV and their first-ever all-electric vehicle. Every Karma vehicle is created with unparalleled individual care and craftsmanship and combines leading technology with a luxury experience.
The Facilities Supervisor leads all facility operations and coordinate all activities relating to contracted facility services for maintenance, improvements, utilities, and security to meet business operation needs and meet safety regulations. The Facilities Supervisor is accountable for preventative maintenance and energy conservation, maintaining regulatory requirements, and is the lead member on the emergency response team for all facility issues.
Salary Range: $107,000 – $127,500 (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills and abilities of the applicant, as well as internal and external equity.
Responsibilities (include, but are not limited to):
- Maintain a clean, safe, and proper work environment throughout the facility.
- Ensure building compliance with state and federal regulations.
- Ensure compliance with all Engineering departmental policies, standards, and procedures.
- Ensure that the facility is fully operational with all utilities functioning properly.
- Handle daily facility requests originating from Admin team and various other internal stakeholders.
- Oversees the daily facilities operations: maintenance, security, janitorial, and alarm response.
- Assist with managing daily relationships and contracts for Facilities with suppliers including but not limited to: installs, inspects, repairs, and maintains building systems, including mechanical, electrical, plumbing, safety, waste management, HVAC, roofing and pest control.
- On a daily basis, plan, coordinate, and direct the tasks of assigned direct/ indirect staff.
- Frequently required to perform short-term strategic facilities planning.
- Maintain and operate equipment at optimum effectiveness, efficiency, and safety.
- Inspect and evaluate the physical condition of facilities in order to determine the type of work required.
- Recommend or arrange for additional services such as painting, repair work, and the replacement of furnishings and equipment.
- Maintain accurate logs and records as required.
- Assist in effectively planning, scheduling, and evaluating preventative maintenance programs.
- Help establish priorities for total property maintenance needs.
- Ensure ongoing communication occurs in all areas of responsibility to create awareness of business objectives.
- As needed, may be called upon to assist Admin in space planning / assignment and hire outside contractors to perform various services within the building.
- As needed, may assist in the selection, ordering and purchasing of new equipment, supplies, and furnishings.
Environmental, Health and Safety (EHS):
- Monitor health and safety regulations and supervise operations to promote the wellbeing of employees.
- Advise appropriate executive of safety issues and compliance in specific projects and operations.
- Collaborate with Human Resources to investigate workplace illness or injury to eliminate/reduce workplace hazards.
- Keep records of programs as required by law and internal procedures.
- Maintain a high standard of safety and cleanliness of interior and exterior areas.
- Monitor the removal of biological, physical or chemical hazards from a workplace.
- Other duties, as assigned.
- Basic knowledge of Quality Management Systems (ISO 9001:2015) and Environmental Management Systems (ISO 14001:2015), as applicable.
- 5 – 10 years of facilities management experience.
- Technical or trade school certification or Associate/Bachelor’s degree in facilities management or an engineering field a plus.
- Advanced mechanical skills and knowledge of plumbing, HVAC and other building systems.
- Proficiency with repair tools and techniques.
- Great attention to detail and efficient problem-solving skills.
- Ability to lift heavy equipment up to 60 lbs and comfortable standing and walking for long periods of time.
- Knowledge of OSHA, CAL-OSHA, and EPA (Environmental Protection Agency) Standards.
- Strong Interpersonal communication skills.
Note: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee should have the:
- Ability to use air or electric powered hand tools
- Ability to frequently use hand(s) for repetitive actions (grasping and fine manipulation)
- Ability to frequently walk or move in and around a vehicle and a workshop environment
- Ability to occasionally bend, kneel, crouch, turn, and stoop while working with your hands and on a vehicle
- Ability to frequently be around or operate loud machinery and moving equipment
- Ability to stand for occasional periods of time.
- Ability to occasionally lift and/or push/pull up to 60 pounds
Work Environment The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing their job in a workshop environment. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may spend 100% (excluding breaks and meal periods) of time in a workshop environment.
NO Third parties. Principals only please.
Join Karma as we transform transportation and mobility with innovative teamwork.
Karma Automotive LLC is an equal employment opportunity (EEO) employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, gender identity and expression, color, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy or related conditions (including breastfeeding), national origin/ancestry, religion, military/veteran status, genetic information, citizenship status or any other characteristic and group protected by applicable law. Karma Automotive LLC complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act to ensure equal access to all qualified individuals with a physical or mental disability. Valid driver’s license may be required based on essential duties.