Karma Automotive, founded in 2014, is a southern California based producer of luxury electric vehicles. Headquartered in Irvine, CA, Karma sells vehicles via its dealer network in North America, Europe, South America and the Middle East. Karma’s production facility (referred to as Karma's Innovation and Customization Center) is located in Moreno Valley, CA and offers world-class customization, and manufacturing services along with electrification platforms. Karma’s flagship vehicle, the Revero® GT, was awarded Green Car Journal’s 2020 Luxury Green Car of the Year™. In 2021 Karma announced the GS-6 Series which include an extended-range series hybrid EV and their first-ever all-electric vehicle. Every Karma vehicle is created with unparalleled individual care and craftsmanship and combines leading technology with a luxury experience.
The Engineer – BMS Hardware will be responsible to battery management system hardware development, including master control controller, module controller and other related measurement controllers.
Responsibilities (include, but are not limited to):
- Translate higher level system requirements, including technical safety requirements, into controller hardware requirements.
- Design and release of controller hardware under BMS.
- Select components, design circuits and PCB layout.
- Perform circuit analysis, simulations and DFMEA.
- Evaluate controller hardware architecture, schematics, circuit design, component applications.
- Work with mechanical and software engineers on packaging and integration.
- Work with contract manufacturers for sample builds and productions.
- Responsible for all levels validation of controller hardware.
- Manage controller hardware related documentations and deliverables.
- Support BMS related troubleshooting.
- Demonstrate strong teamwork skills by developing consensus and win-win situations
- Other duties, as assigned
- BS or MS in electrical engineering.
- 3+ years of industry experience in controller hardware design.
- Familiar with ECU hardware development process.
- Experience with embedded system.
- Experience with High Voltage Battery Systems and Li-Ion Batteries.
- Experienced in circuit design, simulation and PCB layout
- Skilled in analog, digital, noise analysis/management, power management design of ECUs.
- Knowledge of electrical, mechanical, environment, durability, EMC design practices and validation process.
- Experienced hardware design based on functional safety (ISO 26262) requirements.
- Basic knowledge of Quality Management Systems (ISO 9001:2015) and Environmental Management Systems (ISO 14001:2015), as applicable
Note: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee should have the:
- Ability to frequently use or operate a computer, mouse and/or other office productivity machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine, computer printer, etc.
- Ability to frequently use hand(s) for repetitive actions (grasping and fine manipulation)
- Ability to frequently walk or move – to regularly move about inside the office
- Ability to frequently see or detect, identify, recognize, or assess surroundings while in the office
- Ability to occasionally bend, kneel, crouch, turn, and stoop.
- Ability to frequently sit or be stationary for extended continuous periods of time.
- Ability to stand for occasionally periods of time.
- Ability to safely climb ladders, stairs, and ramps occasionally
- Ability to occasionally lift and/or push/pull up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to wear personal protective equipment (PPE) correctly most of the day
- Driving company vehicles occasionally
- Travel up to 25%
Work Environment The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing their job in an indoor office environment. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may spend approximately 60% (excluding breaks and meal periods) of time in an office environment and 40% of the time in the non-office setting (garage and/or laboratory setting). When working in the non-office setting, it requires the use of personal protective equipment (PPE), including (but not limited to) safety shoes (unless staying outside of the working areas), bump caps, and/or safety goggles frequently.
NO Third parties. Principals only please.
Join Karma as we transform transportation and mobility with innovative teamwork.
Karma Automotive LLC is an equal employment opportunity (EEO) employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, gender identity and expression, color, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy or related conditions (including breastfeeding), national origin/ancestry, religion, military/veteran status, genetic information, citizenship status or any other characteristic and group protected by applicable law. Karma Automotive LLC complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act to ensure equal access to all qualified individuals with a physical or mental disability. Valid driver’s license may be required based on essential duties.