- Full Time
Karma Automotive, founded in 2014, is a southern California based producer of luxury electric vehicles. Headquartered in Irvine, CA, Karma sells vehicles via its dealer network in North America, Europe, South America and the Middle East. Karma’s production facility (referred to as Karma's Innovation and Customization Center) is located in Moreno Valley, CA and offers world-class customization, and manufacturing services along with electrification platforms. Karma’s flagship vehicle, the Revero® GT, was awarded Green Car Journal’s 2020 Luxury Green Car of the Year™. In 2021 Karma announced the GS-6 Series which include an extended-range series hybrid EV and their first-ever all-electric vehicle. Every Karma vehicle is created with unparalleled individual care and craftsmanship and combines leading technology with a luxury experience.
Reporting to Manager, Connected Vehicles & Technical Services, the Connected Vehicle Technical Services Specialist will be responsible for assisting dealer in complex technical issues. The role requires utilizing multiple system programs for event processing, problem solving, and case resolution. This person will need to demonstrate good business acumen. They will assume the responsibility for collecting, managing, and distributing critical vehicle data from the Aftersales Connected Vehicle department to the enterprise. This person must encompass a team- oriented mindset and be able to collaborate cross-departmentally.
Salary Range: $94,300 – $115,000 (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills and abilities of the applicant, as well as internal and external equity.
Responsibilities (include, but are not limited to):
- Analyze Vehicle Event Cases (VEC) promptly and develop strategy for precise resolution.
- Analyze vehicle data for corner cases and quality trends and report via JIRA.
- Work timely with engineering to support development for present and future technology.
- Achieve key performance indicators for response time and fixed-right-first time (RFT).
- Produce weekly high-level reporting to the wider business.
- Complete detailed analysis of vehicle issues, gathering information from multiple sources and searching for the commonality to help drive issue identification and resolution.
- Demonstrate and execute communications using Simplified Technical English (ASD-STE100).
- Provide support and develop robust diagnostic processes for:
- Hybrid Systems
- HV Systems
- Provide dealers with technical service support encompassing complete and detailed diagnostic approaches.
- Review and analyze software packages for stability and consistencies.
- Drive change throughout the business.
- Other duties, as assigned.
- B.S or AAS degree in engineering or relevant discipline or related work experience.
- Minimum 10 years in automotive related technical service.
- Must be able to efficiently work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
- Experience with luxury automotive OEMs.
- In-depth knowledge of OBD, vehicle communication, HV, and body electrical systems.
- Experience with luxury automotive diagnostics and repairs.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Experience with Vector CANalyzer.
- Experience with diagnostic applications is a plus.
- Experience working across multiple platforms a major plus.
- Ability to understand needs and considerations of Karma service technicians.
- Basic knowledge of Quality Management Systems (ISO 9001:2015) and Environmental Management Systems (ISO 14001:2015), as applicable.
Note: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee should have the:
- Ability to frequently use or operate a computer, mouse and/or other office productivity machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine, computer printer, etc.
- Ability to frequently use hand(s) for repetitive actions (grasping and fine manipulation)
- Ability to frequently walk or move – to regularly move about inside the office.
- Ability to frequently see or detect, identify, recognize, or assess surroundings while in the office.
- Ability to occasionally bend, kneel, crouch, turn, and stoop.
- Ability to frequently sit or be stationary for extended continuous periods of time.
- Ability to stand for occasionally periods of time.
- Ability to safely climb ladders, stairs, and ramps occasionally.
- Ability to occasionally lift and/or push/pull up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to wear personal protective equipment (PPE) correctly most of the day.
- Driving company vehicles occasionally.
- Travel up to 25%.
Work Environment The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing their job in an indoor office environment. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may spend approximately 60% (excluding breaks and meal periods) of time in an office environment and 40% of the time in the non-office setting (garage and/or laboratory setting). When working in the non-office setting, it requires the use of personal protective equipment (PPE), including (but not limited to) safety shoes (unless staying outside of the working areas), bump caps, and/or safety goggles frequently.
NO Third parties. Principals only please.
Join Karma as we transform transportation and mobility with innovative teamwork.
Karma Automotive LLC is an equal employment opportunity (EEO) employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, gender identity and expression, color, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy or related conditions (including breastfeeding), national origin/ancestry, religion, military/veteran status, genetic information, citizenship status or any other characteristic and group protected by applicable law. Karma Automotive LLC complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act to ensure equal access to all qualified individuals with a physical or mental disability. Valid driver’s license may be required based on essential duties.