Faraday Future (FF) is a California-based mobility company, leveraging the latest technologies and world’s best talent to realize exciting new possibilities in mobility. We’re producing user-centric, technology-first vehicles to establish new paradigms in human-vehicle interaction. We’re not just seeking to change how our cars work – we’re seeking to change the way we drive. At FF, we’re creating something new, something connected, and something with a true global impact.
As the Sr./Staff IoV Test Engineer, you’ll involve close interaction with the Product Owner, Solution/Systems Architect, Development Team, business team members and will focus on understanding of requirements, automation and testing. You will be crafting and building test conditions and scripts to address business and technical use cases. Creating test cases including application data setup and vehicle configuration following specific requirements will be a critical to your and our success. In addition, you can also look forward to the following:
- Design test cases and plans tracing to software requirements
- Execute and analyze manual/automated tests across software development lifecycle (SDLC)
- Make sure that execution status and results are tracked utilizing the appropriate tools
- Document, track, and log defects
- Highlight blocking defects and issues in time
- Participate in troubleshooting and triaging of issues with stakeholders to drive towards root cause identification and resolution
- Verify and close out defects, relevant CRs prior to release
- Developing automation scripts using multiple technologies
- Utilizing multiple automation techniques across multiple infrastructure environments
- Leverage big data to identify product improvement opportunities and to improve test cases.
- BS, MS or higher in computer science, electrical engineering, data science or related, or proof of exceptional skills in related fields
- 3+ years of experience with software development and/or software testing experience
- Experience performing unit, system integration, system, security or performance testing
- Effectively and efficiently connect and collaborate with peers, development team, product owners, solution architects and other subject matter specialists
- Desire to work in a fast paced, highly integrated, agile development environment.
- Maintain safety, security and privacy standards in all areas of responsibility.
- Strong troubleshooting skills along with the ability to breakdown complex issues.
- Strong knowledge of SDLC and Quality Assurance methodologies.
- 2+ years software development or testing on Android or Linux/Unix
- Experience in vehicle diagnostic, and vehicle verification over CAN and Ethernet simulation (Vector/CANoe, Intrepid Vehicle Spy, etc)
- Experience in mobile, telematics, Internet, big data or intelligent infotainment testing
- Strong coding skills with Python, Java or C/C++ languages
- Proficiency with TCP/IP network communications and network analysis.
- Understanding communication protocols (Modem/LTE/5G, CAN, UART, Wifi, etc.).
- Experience with design, development, optimization, and deployment of test automation suites with popular tools from Android/Linux community
- Experience in audio quality tuning, automotive audio validation, conduct acoustic measurements and data collection
- Experience in camera image/video quality test and analysis
- Experience with industry standard development and/or automation tools (JIRA, Jenkins, Git, etc).
- A creative curiosity, collaborative ethic, hardworking enthusiasm, and driving personal vision
- Excellent communication skills and team-working tendencies
- A penchant for multi-tasking and self-starting
Perks + Benefits
- Stock options for every employee
- Healthcare + dental + vision benefits (Free for you/discounted for family)
- 401(k) options
- Relocation assistance + reimbursement
- Casual dress code + relaxed work environment
- Culturally diverse, progressive atmosphere
- “Soul of Faraday” community outreach team
Faraday Future is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.