Faraday Future (FF) is a California-based mobility company, leveraging the latest technologies and world’s best talent to realize exciting new possibilities in mobility. We’re producing user-centric, technology-first vehicles to establish new paradigms in human-vehicle interaction. We’re not just seeking to change how our cars work – we’re seeking to change the way we drive. At FF, we’re creating something new, something connected, and something with a true global impact.
Work with test & validation team and suppliers to develop durability loads at subsystem and full vehicle levels for the purpose of supporting vehicle durability development and robustness verification. Perform durability and NVH tests and evaluations, conduct problem root cause studies, develop countermeasures, and summarize findings. Work interactively with different departments across the company to develop and improve durability performance and ensure vehicle durability attributes are achieved at minimum cost, weight, and complexity. Assist with developing vehicle durability and NVH analysis models using CAE tools to improve and optimize the structural/fluid/acoustic behaviors of products among component-level, system-level and vehicle level. Prepare and deliver reports and other communications as needed to document durability project status. Demonstrate ability to keep up with the fast-paced design development cycle by providing results within a tight schedule.
- Master degree or foreign equivalent in Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering or closely related field and 4 years of work experience in the job offered or closely related occupation.
Must possess expertise/ knowledge sufficient to adequately perform the duties of the job being offered. Expertise/ knowledge may be gained through employment experience or education. Such expertise/ knowledge cannot be “quantified” by “time.” Required expertise/ knowledge includes:
- Component-level, system-level and vehicle-level durability and NVH development.
- Working with internal and external parties to ensure CAE models are appropriately correlated through real-world test activities.
- Predictive CAE/simulation tools, methods and processes.
- Experimental durability and NVH measurement techniques and analysis.
- Hand Calculation to solve strength and durability problems.
- Knowledge of multi-body dynamic load profiles and ability to logically apply for full-vehicle fatigue analysis.
- Hands on CAE model development experience using HyperMesh and ANSA.
- Linear/non-linear FE solvers including NASTRAN, Optistruct, and ABAQUS.
- Fatigue calculation tools such as nCode or CAE Fatigue or FE-Safe.
Annual Salary Range:
($127,691 – $150,000 per year), plus benefits and incentive plans
Perks + Benefits
- Equity grants for every employee
- Healthcare + dental + vision benefits (Free for you/discounted for family)
- 401(k) options
- Relocation assistance + reimbursement
- Casual dress code + relaxed work environment
- Culturally diverse, progressive atmosphere
- “Soul of Faraday” community outreach team
Faraday Future is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.