We're Cruise, a self-driving service designed for the cities we love.
We’re building the world’s most advanced, self-driving vehicles to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. We believe self-driving vehicles will help save lives, reshape cities, give back time in transit, and restore freedom of movement for many.
Cruisers have the opportunity to grow and develop while learning from leaders at the forefront of their fields. With a culture of internal mobility, there's an opportunity to thrive in a variety of disciplines. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed.
If you are looking to play a part in making a positive impact in the world by advancing the revolutionary work of self-driving cars, join us.
Cruise is looking for a Ground Truth Training Content Creator to develop world-class training for a large and expanding team of contracted Ground Truth Technicians based internationally. We are looking for someone who is experienced with technical and remote training content creation and can work independently in a dynamic environment. This person will handle the creation, coordination, and updates to our training content.
Learn first – to be able to guide and curate material you’ll need to be able to first learn the business context, technical details, and engineering tools (no-code)
Comprehend how our in-house software tools work, be able to converse with a developer of the tools about the use case, and do basic troubleshooting & investigation when you hit a bug
Research, write, update, curate, and create scalable resources, help articles, and guides related to online guiding and learning; will include recording / editing videos and writing / editing technical documents
Create project specific training using different types of media: text, slides, videos, practice tests, datasets used for benchmarking, etc.
Adapt training materials and style to an international audience, accounting for cultural differences and ESL learners (i.e. not relying heavily on English, using more pictures or videos, etc.)
Coordinate with internal stakeholders and customers on developing and creating training
Establish standard processes for handling feedback loop for the training material with stakeholders and customers
Be accountable and independently handle training requirements and stick to established deadlines
Training Manager – The content creator will have to work closely with the training manager to make sure project requirements are understood upfront. Then help them incorporate new takeaways and techniques into their training based on feedback from the continuous improvement program.
Contracted vendor technicians – this will be the teams consuming the training materials. Assist (as needed) the training manager with training for more complicated projects.
Ground Truth Operations Team and Machine Learning Engineers (U.S. based) – coordinates with our internal data customers on all projects. Projects will only be successful if the training is created in the vision for the product our customer desires.
Desired 2+ years of relevant distance Learning or Training experience; BA/BS required
Background in training, content creation, or media creation
Experience with creating technical content for training purposes
Intermediate-level user of Excel or Google Sheets (can write basic formulas)
Strong level of project ownership, communication, and personal accountability skills
Quick and independent learner of complex technical software & systems
Ability to work independently, hold yourself accountable, and deliver results with clear deadlines
Excellent organization skills; can track & handle many different project requirements across multiple departments in a remote environment
Effective communication to multiple stakeholders about project updates, requirements, and deadlines.
While based mostly in Pacific time zone, comfortable operating in a team that works in time zones across the globe
Experience with online or video editing and learning
Experience with video/media editing such as Adobe Suite, QuickTime, Google Drive, Google Suite, Mac OS, Preview, VLC, and Gif creation.
Interest in self-driving cars
Have led large scale training sessions either in-person or remote
Understands and has worked with LMS, SCORM, or HTML.
The salary range for this position is $95,200 – 140,000. Compensation will vary depending on location, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. You may also be offered a bonus, restricted stock units, and benefits. These ranges are subject to change.
- Our benefits are here to support the whole you:
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and life insurance
- Subsidized mental health benefits
- One Medical membership
- Flexible Spending Account
- Monthly wellness stipend
- 401(k) match
- Paid time off: vacation, sick, public health emergency, jury duty, bereavement and company holidays.
- Paid parental, family care and medical leave
- Family care benefits: fertility benefits, Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account (subsidized by Cruise).
- Non-remote employees: Pre-tax Commuter Benefit Plan, healthy meals and snacks
- CruiseFlex – a working policy for US-Based Cruisers that lets you and your manager find what working style is best for you, whether it’s primarily in-person, primarily at home or a combination of home and in-office time.
- We’re Integrated
- Through our partnerships with General Motors and Honda, we are the only self-driving company with fully integrated manufacturing at scale.
- We’re Funded
- GM, Honda, Microsoft, T. Rowe Price & Walmart have invested billions in Cruise. Their backing for our technology demonstrates their confidence in our progress, team, and vision and makes us one of the leading autonomous vehicle organizations in the industry. Our deep resources greatly accelerate our operating speed.
- We’re Independent
- We have our own governance, board of directors, equity, and investors. Our independence allows us to not just work on the edge of technology, but also define it.
- We’re Vested
- You won’t just own your work here, you’ll have the potential to own equity in Cruise, too. We are competing in a market that is projected to grow exponentially, which gives our company valuation room to grow.
- Recurring Liquidity Opportunity (RLO) – a unique equity program where employees, both current and former, have the option to sell any amount of their vested equity on a recurring basis, currently quarterly.
- We’re Safety Conscious
- We integrate #staysafe, our top priority at Cruise, into our everyday work. Through our Safety Management System, every Cruiser is asked to do their part by reporting any potential issues or hazards they observe and making continuous improvements. You’ll be able to contribute to safety at Cruise, no matter your job function or title.
Cruise LLC is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to create a supportive and inclusive workplace where contributions are valued and celebrated, and our employees thrive by being themselves and are inspired to do the best work of their lives.
We seek applicants of all backgrounds and identities, across race, color, ethnicity, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or parental status, or disability. Applicants will not be discriminated against based on these or other protected categories or social identities. Cruise will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, in accordance with applicable laws.
Cruise is committed to the full inclusion of all applicants. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process please let our recruiting team know or email HR@getcruise.com.
We proactively work to design hiring processes that promote equity and inclusion while mitigating bias. To help us track the effectiveness and inclusivity of our recruiting efforts, please consider answering the following demographic questions. Answering these questions is entirely voluntary. Your answers to these questions will not be shared with the hiring decision makers and will not impact the hiring decision in any way. Instead, Cruise will use this information not only to comply with any government reporting obligations but also to track our progress toward meeting our diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging objectives.
At Cruise, we’re tasked with leading in the communities we serve — and doing our part to help keep our communities and our teams safe. Our #StaySafe culture transcends and informs all we do, and because of this, as of October 31, 2021 Cruise will be mandating COVID-19 vaccinations for all US-based Cruisers who need or want to access any of our US Cruise facilities and engage in any business travel — including attending any in-person Company-sponsored event.
If you are unable to get a vaccine due to a medical condition, disability, or a strongly-held religious belief, Cruise will consider requests for an accommodation.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Cruise does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, Cruise does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.