We're Cruise, a self-driving service designed for the cities we love.
We’re building the world’s most advanced, self-driving vehicles to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. We believe self-driving vehicles will help save lives, reshape cities, give back time in transit, and restore freedom of movement for many.
Cruisers have the opportunity to grow and develop while learning from leaders at the forefront of their fields. With a culture of internal mobility, there's an opportunity to thrive in a variety of disciplines. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed.
If you are looking to play a part in making a positive impact in the world by advancing the revolutionary work of self-driving cars, join us.
Cruise is looking for a Senior Engineering Lab Technician to help us bring-up and test our compute and network components for fleets across US markets (San Francisco, Austin, Phoenix) and international markets (Dubai, Tokyo), as well as contribute positively to our testing culture by developing sustainable and scalable test station processes and methods. In this position, you will work on a multidisciplinary team and work directly with various stakeholders in order to gather test station requirements to support robust and thorough testing on fast-paced timelines. You will need the skills to learn what your immediate responsibilities are as well as how they tie into broader team and company goals.
What you’ll be doing
Help build innovative compute and network test labs — i.e., understanding lab power requirements, interfacing with facilities team(s), capturing ethernet requirements, and being responsible for lab builds
Work directly with engineers to design, fabricate, and assemble custom test fixtures and/or thermal solutions for Cruise hardware
Incoming IQC on Cruise design hardware including visual inspection, pressure testing, and firmware flashing
Setup device under test and execute test scripts provided by test engineers
Produce and develop detailed documentation for test, maintenance, safety, and team processes
Collect and present understandable test data and results by using google docs/sheets/slides and graphing software
Ordering and maintaining an inventory of parts, tools and consumables with tracking software
Work with vendors to create RMA’s for calibrating or replacing defective equipment
Observe all safety standards and maintain a secure, safe, clean and healthy work environment. Follow operating instructions, use protective equipment when required, and use equipment and materials properly
What you must have:
More than 5 years working as a lab technician
A self starter mentality and be able to proactively seek out any missing information or details to accomplish a task.
Experience writing and maintaining documentation (Google Suite, Confluence, JIRA)
Fabrication skills including but not limited to harness creation, custom fixturing, metal reworking, and basic custom electrical setups and their respective safety requirements.
Experience using lab equipment such as bench power supplies, high-speed oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, and common lab equipments
Ability to thrive in a harmonious, constantly evolving team setting with daring goals and challenging timelines
Strong troubleshooting and root cause analysis with a curiosity about creative out of the box thinking.
Solid understanding of Ethernet switch design, high speed interface design and validation, compliance tests for different standards such as IEEE (Ethernet), FPD, MIPI, DDR, PCIe
Experience with high speed interfaces such as: 25G-KR, 10G-KR, 10GBase-T, SFP, QSFP, 1G-T1, PCIe, DDR4, as well as I2C, MDIO
Experience in network switch testing
The salary range for this position is $114,300 – 168,000. Compensation will vary depending on location, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. You may also be offered a bonus, restricted stock units, and benefits. These ranges are subject to change.
- Our benefits are here to support the whole you:
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and life insurance
- Subsidized mental health benefits
- One Medical membership
- Flexible Spending Account
- Monthly wellness stipend
- 401(k) match
- Paid time off: vacation, sick, public health emergency, jury duty, bereavement and company holidays.
- Paid parental, family care and medical leave
- Family care benefits: fertility benefits, Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account (subsidized by Cruise).
- Non-remote employees: Pre-tax Commuter Benefit Plan, healthy meals and snacks
- CruiseFlex – a working policy for US-Based Cruisers that lets you and your manager find what working style is best for you, whether it’s primarily in-person, primarily at home or a combination of home and in-office time.
- We’re Integrated
- Through our partnerships with General Motors and Honda, we are the only self-driving company with fully integrated manufacturing at scale.
- We’re Funded
- GM, Honda, Microsoft, T. Rowe Price & Walmart have invested billions in Cruise. Their backing for our technology demonstrates their confidence in our progress, team, and vision and makes us one of the leading autonomous vehicle organizations in the industry. Our deep resources greatly accelerate our operating speed.
- We’re Independent
- We have our own governance, board of directors, equity, and investors. Our independence allows us to not just work on the edge of technology, but also define it.
- We’re Vested
- You won’t just own your work here, you’ll have the potential to own equity in Cruise, too. We are competing in a market that is projected to grow exponentially, which gives our company valuation room to grow.
- Recurring Liquidity Opportunity (RLO) – a unique equity program where employees, both current and former, have the option to sell any amount of their vested equity on a recurring basis, currently quarterly.
- We’re Safety Conscious
- We integrate #staysafe, our top priority at Cruise, into our everyday work. Through our Safety Management System, every Cruiser is asked to do their part by reporting any potential issues or hazards they observe and making continuous improvements. You’ll be able to contribute to safety at Cruise, no matter your job function or title.
Cruise LLC is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to create a supportive and inclusive workplace where contributions are valued and celebrated, and our employees thrive by being themselves and are inspired to do the best work of their lives.
We seek applicants of all backgrounds and identities, across race, color, ethnicity, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or parental status, or disability. Applicants will not be discriminated against based on these or other protected categories or social identities. Cruise will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, in accordance with applicable laws.
Cruise is committed to the full inclusion of all applicants. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process please let our recruiting team know or email HR@getcruise.com.
We proactively work to design hiring processes that promote equity and inclusion while mitigating bias. To help us track the effectiveness and inclusivity of our recruiting efforts, please consider answering the following demographic questions. Answering these questions is entirely voluntary. Your answers to these questions will not be shared with the hiring decision makers and will not impact the hiring decision in any way. Instead, Cruise will use this information not only to comply with any government reporting obligations but also to track our progress toward meeting our diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging objectives.
At Cruise, we’re tasked with leading in the communities we serve — and doing our part to help keep our communities and our teams safe. Our #StaySafe culture transcends and informs all we do, and because of this, as of October 31, 2021 Cruise will be mandating COVID-19 vaccinations for all US-based Cruisers who need or want to access any of our US Cruise facilities and engage in any business travel — including attending any in-person Company-sponsored event.
If you are unable to get a vaccine due to a medical condition, disability, or a strongly-held religious belief, Cruise will consider requests for an accommodation.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Cruise does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, Cruise does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.