- Full Time
We're Cruise, a self-driving service designed for the cities we love.
We’re building the world’s most advanced self-driving vehicles to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. We believe self-driving vehicles will help save lives, reshape cities, give back time in transit, and restore freedom of movement for many.
In our cars, you’re free to be yourself. It’s the same here at Cruise. We’re creating a culture that values the experiences and contributions of all of the unique individuals who collectively make up Cruise, so that every employee can do their best work.
Cruise is committed to building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive environment, both in our workplace and in our products. If you are looking to play a part in making a positive impact in the world by advancing the revolutionary work of self-driving cars, come join us. Even if you might not meet every requirement, we strongly encourage you to apply. You might just be the right candidate for us.
Cruise is looking for a strong and high impact Technical Program Manager to join our team. The Technical Program Manager will be responsible for driving end to end vehicle platform development, including critical base vehicle hardware/software, autonomous driving and product features for new Cruise vehicle platforms. In this position, you will work closely with AV Software, Embedded Software, Hardware Systems, General Motors, and other cross functional program teams to ensure key Cruise Vehicle programs meet business and execution goals. You will focus on development of cross organizational and cross functional vehicle program plans, monitoring and execution of these plans, and identification and resolution of critical path issues and risks.
What you’ll be doing:
Own and drive the creation and execution of end to end cross organizational and cross functional program plans to meet program requirements for new Cruise vehicle platforms
Own and drive monitoring and reporting on vehicle program plans to cross functional teams and executive forums.
Drive proactive identification of issues and risks with supporting cross functional/organizational mitigation plans
Work with multi-functional teams to drive scope and design changes by balancing short-term improvements and long-term solutions
Resolve issues ranging from base vehicle hardware/software, sensors, performance, networking, AV software, and embedded systems
Partner with testing teams on process improvements for subsystem and component testing
Create, foster and maintain effective working relationships with multi-organizational and multi-functional groups: including Cruise systems, hardware, software engineering teams and external partners
What you must have:
15+ years of direct hands on experience working in a cross functional Technical Program Management role implementing complex integrated hardware/software products in the automotive, robotics, consumer electronics, or aerospace industries
6+ years of direct hands-on experience as a systems, hardware and/or software engineer working with complex and integrated hardware and software systems.
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent experience
Strong hardware and software process development and implementation experience – including experience with both waterfall and Agile environments and how to bridge between waterfall and Agile
Experience developing or working on an end-to-end robotics or automotive system
Advanced degree (MS, MBA) in engineering and or business
PMI PMP/PGMP credentials
CSM or equivalent Agile certification
The salary range for this position is $194,200 – 285,500. Compensation will vary depending on location, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. You may also be offered a bonus, restricted stock units, and benefits. These ranges are subject to change.
Our benefits are here to support the whole you:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- 401(k) Cruise matching program
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- One Medical membership
- Subsidized mental health benefits
- Flexible vacation and company paid holidays
- Healthy meals and snacks provided for non-remote employees
- Paid parental, jury duty, bereavement, family care, and medical leave
- Fertility Benefits
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account, subsidized by Cruise
- Flexible Spending Account
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit Plan for non-remote employees
- CruiseFlex, a working policy for US-Based Cruisers, lets you and your manager find the working style that’s best for you, whether it’s primarily in-person, primarily at home, or a combination of home and in-office time. – learn more about CruiseFlex here
Through our partnerships with General Motors and Honda, we are the only self-driving company with fully integrated manufacturing at scale.
- GM, Honda, Microsoft, T. Rowe Price, and Walmart have invested billions in Cruise. Their backing for our technology demonstrates their confidence in our progress, team, and vision and makes us one of the leading autonomous vehicle organizations in the industry. Our deep resources greatly accelerate our operating speed.
- We have our own governance, board of directors, equity, and investors. Our independence allows us to not just work on the edge of technology, but also define it.
- You won’t just own your work here, you’ll have the potential to own equity in Cruise, too. We are competing in a market that is projected to grow exponentially, which gives our company valuation room to grow. We offer a new kind of equity program called Recurring Liquidity Opportunity (RLO), which combines IPO-like liquidity with the stability of remaining private – learn more about RLO here
Cruise LLC is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to create a supportive and inclusive workplace where contributions are valued and celebrated, and our employees thrive by being themselves and are inspired to do the best work of their lives. We seek applicants of all backgrounds and identities, across race, color, ethnicity, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or parental status, or disability. Applicants will not be discriminated against based on these or other protected categories or social identities. Cruise will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, in accordance with applicable laws.
Cruise is committed to the full inclusion of all applicants. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process please let our recruiting team know or email HR@getcruise.com.
We proactively work to design hiring processes that promote equity and inclusion while mitigating bias. To help us track the effectiveness and inclusivity of our recruiting efforts, please consider answering the following demographic questions. Answering these questions is entirely voluntary. Your answers to these questions will not be shared with the hiring decision makers and will not impact the hiring decision in any way. Instead, Cruise will use this information not only to comply with any government reporting obligations but also to track our progress toward meeting our diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging objectives.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Cruise does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, Cruise does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.