We're Cruise, a self-driving service designed for the cities we love.
We’re building the world’s most advanced, self-driving vehicles to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. We believe self-driving vehicles will help save lives, reshape cities, give back time in transit, and restore freedom of movement for many.
Cruisers have the opportunity to grow and develop while learning from leaders at the forefront of their fields. With a culture of internal mobility, there's an opportunity to thrive in a variety of disciplines. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed.
If you are looking to play a part in making a positive impact in the world by advancing the revolutionary work of self-driving cars, join us.
What You’ll Be Doing:
We are looking for a Senior Staff Technical Program Manager to lead highly technical, executive-level cross-functional programs within Cruise for our driverless vehicles! You will partner with engineering teams critical to Cruise’s mission in this role. The ideal candidate is someone that can align multiple groups and teams towards unified goals and drive progress towards meeting our company objectives. You will have system level focus and drive end to end program planning, definition and execution of one or more cross functional initiatives and programs spanning AI, Robotics, Prod Eng and Infrastructure domains. This is a highly cross-functional role where you will work with partners across AD Tech, including Directors and VPs.
Partner with leaders across Product Management, Program Management, and Engineering functions to document and monitor program requirements and turn these into engineering work plans with clear cross-team dependencies
Drive the formulation and review of department roadmaps and objectives on a quarterly and ongoing cadence
Work with Engineering leaders to ensure teams tackle a balanced assignment of critical initiatives and proactive engineering excellence investments and ensure teams don't become overburdened
Ensure smooth execution of cross-dependent programs and continuously improve execution over time
Ensure consistent delivery of critical projects that meet the companies objectives, identifying and removing organizational barriers to execution
Promote quality communication across departments to effectively execute and report progress, risks, and wins to an executive audience.
Lead and improve planning and execution processes at the intersection of multiple departments
Responsible for instrumenting monitoring to measure group efficiency and effectiveness
Establish confidence from partner teams to continuously minimize distractions or conflicts and push groups to maximize their output
Be the point of contact for high visibility multi-functional workstreams by owning communication of team, initiative, and objective statuses to all partners, including senior management and executives
Build systems to coordinate the proactive identification, tracking, and resolution of risks across multiple engineering organizations.
Define and maintain a work breakdown structure and balance agile project management methodologies with overarching company program schedules
Coordinate with product and engineering management to measure progress towards our goals to ensure schedules are met, and wins are celebrated
Use technical judgment in working with large, cross-engineering teams to track dependencies and risks effectively
Serve as an embodiment of Cruise behaviors: Stay Safe, Own It, Stay Focused, Seek Truth, Work Together, Be Humble
Support the growth of the team, act as a mentor, and support onboarding processes and career development
Build strong cross-team collaborations with Security and IT, Production Engineering, and Infra
What You Must Have:
Bachelors, Masters, or Ph.D. in Computer Science, Engineering, or similar technical field
10+ years of technical industry experience, including as a TPM or equivalent technical leader
Proficient with Agile methodologies and JIRA-based program management tools and standard methodologies
Experience improving and delivering reliable software through continuous integration, automated testing, and code reviews
Track record of driving execution across large engineering organizations and driving teams towards the next level of difficulty
Experience leading sophisticated, fast-paced critical initiatives spanning multiple teams and organizations, often with conflicting priorities and schedules
Experience building consensus across different functions and groups
Self-motivation and passion for leading end-to-end programs, encouraging standard methodologies and discovering ways to improve constantly
The salary range for this position is $194,200 – 285,500. Compensation will vary depending on location, job-related knowledge, skills and experience. You may also be offered a bonus, restricted stock units, and benefits. These ranges are subject to change.
- Our benefits are here to support the whole you:
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and life insurance
- Subsidized mental health benefits
- One Medical membership
- Flexible Spending Account
- Monthly wellness stipend
- 401(k) match
- Paid time off: vacation, sick, public health emergency, jury duty, bereavement and company holidays.
- Paid parental, family care and medical leave
- Family care benefits: fertility benefits, Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account (subsidized by Cruise).
- Non-remote employees: Pre-tax Commuter Benefit Plan, healthy meals and snacks
- CruiseFlex – a working policy for US-Based Cruisers that lets you and your manager find what working style is best for you, whether it’s primarily in-person, primarily at home or a combination of home and in-office time.
- We’re Integrated
- Through our partnerships with General Motors and Honda, we are the only self-driving company with fully integrated manufacturing at scale.
- We’re Funded
- GM, Honda, Microsoft, T. Rowe Price & Walmart have invested billions in Cruise. Their backing for our technology demonstrates their confidence in our progress, team, and vision and makes us one of the leading autonomous vehicle organizations in the industry. Our deep resources greatly accelerate our operating speed.
- We’re Independent
- We have our own governance, board of directors, equity, and investors. Our independence allows us to not just work on the edge of technology, but also define it.
- We’re Vested
- You won’t just own your work here, you’ll have the potential to own equity in Cruise, too. We are competing in a market that is projected to grow exponentially, which gives our company valuation room to grow.
- Recurring Liquidity Opportunity (RLO) – a unique equity program where employees, both current and former, have the option to sell any amount of their vested equity on a recurring basis, currently quarterly.
- We’re Safety Conscious
- We integrate #staysafe, our top priority at Cruise, into our everyday work. Through our Safety Management System, every Cruiser is asked to do their part by reporting any potential issues or hazards they observe and making continuous improvements. You’ll be able to contribute to safety at Cruise, no matter your job function or title.
Cruise LLC is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to create a supportive and inclusive workplace where contributions are valued and celebrated, and our employees thrive by being themselves and are inspired to do the best work of their lives.
We seek applicants of all backgrounds and identities, across race, color, ethnicity, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or parental status, or disability. Applicants will not be discriminated against based on these or other protected categories or social identities. Cruise will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, in accordance with applicable laws.
Cruise is committed to the full inclusion of all applicants. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process please let our recruiting team know or email HR@getcruise.com.
We proactively work to design hiring processes that promote equity and inclusion while mitigating bias. To help us track the effectiveness and inclusivity of our recruiting efforts, please consider answering the following demographic questions. Answering these questions is entirely voluntary. Your answers to these questions will not be shared with the hiring decision makers and will not impact the hiring decision in any way. Instead, Cruise will use this information not only to comply with any government reporting obligations but also to track our progress toward meeting our diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging objectives.
At Cruise, we’re tasked with leading in the communities we serve — and doing our part to help keep our communities and our teams safe. Our #StaySafe culture transcends and informs all we do, and because of this, as of October 31, 2021 Cruise will be mandating COVID-19 vaccinations for all US-based Cruisers who need or want to access any of our US Cruise facilities and engage in any business travel — including attending any in-person Company-sponsored event.
If you are unable to get a vaccine due to a medical condition, disability, or a strongly-held religious belief, Cruise will consider requests for an accommodation.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Cruise does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, Cruise does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.