We're Cruise, a self-driving service designed for the cities we love.
We’re building the world’s most advanced, self-driving vehicles to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. We believe self-driving vehicles will help save lives, reshape cities, give back time in transit, and restore freedom of movement for many.
Cruisers have the opportunity to grow and develop while learning from leaders at the forefront of their fields. With a culture of internal mobility, there's an opportunity to thrive in a variety of disciplines. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed.
If you are looking to play a part in making a positive impact in the world by advancing the revolutionary work of self-driving cars, join us.
The Customer Success team at Cruise is the primary human connection with our customers. In this role, you’ll be an early member of a critical team in a rapidly developing industry. As a Social and Community Support Lead you’ll have a direct impact on the experience of our customers and the public perception of our brand. You’ll be at the heart of our CS team, working proactively to ensure our customers have the best experience possible and responding in a thoughtful, empathetic way when support is needed. Additionally, you’ll help to build and test our processes, training materials, and tools. This role is highly collaborative and dynamic, one moment you may be helping to resolve an escalated issue, the next you may be helping us drive a positive impression of our brand.
What you'll be doing:
Work from our San Francisco, CA office (including nights, weekends, and holidays)
Lead a small team and directly contribute to the operation of our social and community support channels
Engage with our rider community to foster excitement and connection to our brand
Engage with customers and the general public on a variety of social media platforms to support positive brand reputation and inspire customer loyalty
Determine the validity of social mentions and whether or not to engage with those which do not directly seek assistance
Help determine engagement strategy, when it’s determined to engage, provide full-resolution support to ensure an exceptional customer experience
Turn customer questions into useful content – knowledge articles, templated replies, self-service content, etc
Translate customer needs and feature requests into recommendations for our product team
Be a subject matter expert (SME): You will develop and maintain deep knowledge about our customers’ experiences, identify trending issues and support rapid triage and resolution
Model our lived behaviors to encourage others to do the same in their daily work
What you must have:
4+ years of experience in a social and/or community support role
Experience directly leading a functional area or a team
Proven commitment to fostering consistently outstanding customer experiences
Passion for identifying and articulating nuanced (at times technical) problems in plain writing
An ownership mentality, always looking for opportunities to better your work product
Exceptional written communication skills, ability to convey clear messages to a wide variety of users across modalities
Demonstrated ability to self-organize and prioritize work in an fast-paced, ambiguous environment
Comfortability working with modern customer support and productivity tools (Sprout Social, Salesforce, Google Workspace, Confluence, etc
Previous experience in high-tech or transportation industry
Passion for the AV industry
Experience working on a distributed team
The salary range for this position is $85,800 – $126,100 Compensation will vary depending on location, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. You may also be offered a bonus, restricted stock units, and benefits. These ranges are subject to change.
- Our benefits are here to support the whole you:
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and life insurance
- Subsidized mental health benefits
- One Medical membership
- Flexible Spending Account
- Monthly wellness stipend
- 401(k) match
- Paid time off: vacation, sick, public health emergency, jury duty, bereavement and company holidays.
- Paid parental, family care and medical leave
- Family care benefits: fertility benefits, Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account (subsidized by Cruise).
- Non-remote employees: Pre-tax Commuter Benefit Plan, healthy meals and snacks
- CruiseFlex – a working policy for US-Based Cruisers that lets you and your manager find what working style is best for you, whether it’s primarily in-person, primarily at home or a combination of home and in-office time.
- We’re Integrated
- Through our partnerships with General Motors and Honda, we are the only self-driving company with fully integrated manufacturing at scale.
- We’re Funded
- GM, Honda, Microsoft, T. Rowe Price & Walmart have invested billions in Cruise. Their backing for our technology demonstrates their confidence in our progress, team, and vision and makes us one of the leading autonomous vehicle organizations in the industry. Our deep resources greatly accelerate our operating speed.
- We’re Independent
- We have our own governance, board of directors, equity, and investors. Our independence allows us to not just work on the edge of technology, but also define it.
- We’re Vested
- You won’t just own your work here, you’ll have the potential to own equity in Cruise, too. We are competing in a market that is projected to grow exponentially, which gives our company valuation room to grow.
- Recurring Liquidity Opportunity (RLO) – a unique equity program where employees, both current and former, have the option to sell any amount of their vested equity on a recurring basis, currently quarterly.
- We’re Safety Conscious
- We integrate #staysafe, our top priority at Cruise, into our everyday work. Through our Safety Management System, every Cruiser is asked to do their part by reporting any potential issues or hazards they observe and making continuous improvements. You’ll be able to contribute to safety at Cruise, no matter your job function or title.
Cruise LLC is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to create a supportive and inclusive workplace where contributions are valued and celebrated, and our employees thrive by being themselves and are inspired to do the best work of their lives.
We seek applicants of all backgrounds and identities, across race, color, ethnicity, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or parental status, or disability. Applicants will not be discriminated against based on these or other protected categories or social identities. Cruise will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, in accordance with applicable laws.
Cruise is committed to the full inclusion of all applicants. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process please let our recruiting team know or email HR@getcruise.com.
We proactively work to design hiring processes that promote equity and inclusion while mitigating bias. To help us track the effectiveness and inclusivity of our recruiting efforts, please consider answering the following demographic questions. Answering these questions is entirely voluntary. Your answers to these questions will not be shared with the hiring decision makers and will not impact the hiring decision in any way. Instead, Cruise will use this information not only to comply with any government reporting obligations but also to track our progress toward meeting our diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging objectives.
At Cruise, we’re tasked with leading in the communities we serve — and doing our part to help keep our communities and our teams safe. Our #StaySafe culture transcends and informs all we do, and because of this, as of October 31, 2021 Cruise will be mandating COVID-19 vaccinations for all US-based Cruisers who need or want to access any of our US Cruise facilities and engage in any business travel — including attending any in-person Company-sponsored event.
If you are unable to get a vaccine due to a medical condition, disability, or a strongly-held religious belief, Cruise will consider requests for an accommodation.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Cruise does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, Cruise does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.