We're Cruise, a self-driving service designed for the cities we love.
We’re building the world’s most advanced, self-driving vehicles to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. We believe self-driving vehicles will help save lives, reshape cities, give back time in transit, and restore freedom of movement for many.
Cruisers have the opportunity to grow and develop while learning from leaders at the forefront of their fields. With a culture of internal mobility, there's an opportunity to thrive in a variety of disciplines. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed.
If you are looking to play a part in making a positive impact in the world by advancing the revolutionary work of self-driving cars, join us.
About the role:
Cruise is looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join the Platform Auth team. We’re a small, dedicated team of Security and Software Engineers that design, develop, and operate tools and services which provide Cruise-native identity, authentication, and authorization support for our products and organization. If you’re interested in building mission-critical, scalable services and have a knack for security engineering, identity, or applied cryptography, let’s chat! You will leverage deep understanding of user needs to help define, design and build products that are in line with Cruise’s mission and strategy. You will play a key role in designing, building and implementing technological solutions that enable Cruise engineers to contribute to Cruise's overall security posture and solve complex security problems. You must be a self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced, agile environment – which means wearing many hats, being able to change direction quickly, and showing an eagerness to learn and introduce new technologies as the need arises.
This position does have the possibility of being remote
What you'll be doing:
Building and operating services that improve the security of our product and organization
Guiding architecture and major design decisions that will affect our infrastructure and our product
Maintaining and building interdisciplinary skills through research, experimentation, and exploration
Providing technical expertise for platform auth architecture, deployment, and monitoring
Continuously improve developer workflows through streamlined authentication and authorization tooling
What you must have:
You've operated and have an in-depth understanding of cloud and on-premises infrastructure platforms
You have a history of writing performant, maintainable, testable cod
You have a solid understanding of at least one of: OAuth 2.0, OIDC, SAML, WebAuthn/FIDO
Experience building large, scalable software systems in at least one of the following: Go, Rust, Python, or Node.js
Exceptional coding abilities, architecture, debugging, and performance/diagnostics measurement skills
BS, MS or PhD in CS, Math, Physics, or equivalent real-world experience
Passion for self-driving technology and its potential impact on the world
Attention to detail and a passion for correctnes
You can draw the owl
- Experience working with modern development and deployment workflows (containers, Kubernetes, CI/CD platforms, etc.)
- Experience building modern frontend applications with React, Vue.js, or similar
- Experience scaling back-end systems
- Experience with applied cryptography
- Experience with any of: Istio, OPA, or SPIFFE/SPI
The salary range for this position is $176,800 – 260,000. Compensation will vary depending on location, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. You may also be offered a bonus, restricted stock units, and benefits. These ranges are subject to change.
- Our benefits are here to support the whole you:
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and life insurance
- Subsidized mental health benefits
- One Medical membership
- Flexible Spending Account
- Monthly wellness stipend
- 401(k) match
- Paid time off: vacation, sick, public health emergency, jury duty, bereavement and company holidays.
- Paid parental, family care and medical leave
- Family care benefits: fertility benefits, Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account (subsidized by Cruise).
- Non-remote employees: Pre-tax Commuter Benefit Plan, healthy meals and snacks
- CruiseFlex – a working policy for US-Based Cruisers that lets you and your manager find what working style is best for you, whether it’s primarily in-person, primarily at home or a combination of home and in-office time.
- We’re Integrated
- Through our partnerships with General Motors and Honda, we are the only self-driving company with fully integrated manufacturing at scale.
- We’re Funded
- GM, Honda, Microsoft, T. Rowe Price & Walmart have invested billions in Cruise. Their backing for our technology demonstrates their confidence in our progress, team, and vision and makes us one of the leading autonomous vehicle organizations in the industry. Our deep resources greatly accelerate our operating speed.
- We’re Independent
- We have our own governance, board of directors, equity, and investors. Our independence allows us to not just work on the edge of technology, but also define it.
- We’re Vested
- You won’t just own your work here, you’ll have the potential to own equity in Cruise, too. We are competing in a market that is projected to grow exponentially, which gives our company valuation room to grow.
- Recurring Liquidity Opportunity (RLO) – a unique equity program where employees, both current and former, have the option to sell any amount of their vested equity on a recurring basis, currently quarterly.
- We’re Safety Conscious
- We integrate #staysafe, our top priority at Cruise, into our everyday work. Through our Safety Management System, every Cruiser is asked to do their part by reporting any potential issues or hazards they observe and making continuous improvements. You’ll be able to contribute to safety at Cruise, no matter your job function or title.
Cruise LLC is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to create a supportive and inclusive workplace where contributions are valued and celebrated, and our employees thrive by being themselves and are inspired to do the best work of their lives.
We seek applicants of all backgrounds and identities, across race, color, ethnicity, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or parental status, or disability. Applicants will not be discriminated against based on these or other protected categories or social identities. Cruise will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, in accordance with applicable laws.
Cruise is committed to the full inclusion of all applicants. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process please let our recruiting team know or email HR@getcruise.com.
We proactively work to design hiring processes that promote equity and inclusion while mitigating bias. To help us track the effectiveness and inclusivity of our recruiting efforts, please consider answering the following demographic questions. Answering these questions is entirely voluntary. Your answers to these questions will not be shared with the hiring decision makers and will not impact the hiring decision in any way. Instead, Cruise will use this information not only to comply with any government reporting obligations but also to track our progress toward meeting our diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging objectives.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Cruise does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, Cruise does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.