We're Cruise, a self-driving service designed for the cities we love.
We’re building the world’s most advanced, self-driving vehicles to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. We believe self-driving vehicles will help save lives, reshape cities, give back time in transit, and restore freedom of movement for many.
Cruisers have the opportunity to grow and develop while learning from leaders at the forefront of their fields. With a culture of internal mobility, there's an opportunity to thrive in a variety of disciplines. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed.
If you are looking to play a part in making a positive impact in the world by advancing the revolutionary work of self-driving cars, join us.
Cruise is looking for an Operations Coordinator to implement frontline driverless operations.
In this position, you will work to ensure consistent driverless service to our customers in the market, including helping scale the operation and refine operating procedures.
If you're interested in building and scaling something new to deliver on our promise to customers for great autonomous ridehail and delivery experiences on the roads of Austin, this is the role for you!
What you’ll be doing:
- Engage a diverse set of stakeholders to develop and mature executable operational procedures and checklists to enable a safe, ongoing garage operation and launch and land Autonomous Vehicles (AVs)
- Lead and assist in the documentation, communication, and implementation of procedures for Pit Crew Operations including, but not limited to vehicle preparation, cleaning and charging, functional tests and lost and found
- Help hire, grow, develop and direct a team of Pit Crew Operators in the daily execution of garage and fleet operations
- Monitor active driverless fleet status and take appropriate actions as needed
- Work cross functionally with all autonomous vehicle operations and fleet management to enable end-to-end safe, efficient execution
- Cross-train with Field Service Coordinators to learn additional skills and provide greater operational flexibility for the team
- Identify and realize ongoing operational efficiencies gained by driving continuous improvement from identification to implementation of procedural changes
What you must have:
- Experience in operations management, operations planning, or project management at a fast-paced start-up or tech company
- Ability to work on-site in one or more of our Austin offices and garages
- A tenacious team player attitude, with a bias toward action and a continuous improvement mindset; you work well with others
- Positive and Resilient Attitude: tough problems and setbacks do not deter you, you see them as exciting challenges and growth opportunities
- Competency in G-Suite products (Slides, Sheets, Forms), and Microsoft products (Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
- Ability to communicate key issues coherently and authoritatively to diverse partner groups
- Operational experience in a 24/7 frontline workforce
- Mobility or transportation experience, particularly with a large fleet
- Entrepreneurial experience/ownership mentality or other innovation history
- Competency in gSuite, Jira, Looker and other productivity tools
- Enthusiasm for the potential of autonomous driving to move life forward in our cities and improve road safety
- Our benefits are here to support the whole you:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- 401(k) Cruise matching program
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- One Medical membership
- Subsidized mental health benefits
- Flexible vacation and company paid holidays
- Healthy meals and snacks provided for non-remote employees
- Paid parental, jury duty, bereavement, family care and medical leave
- Fertility Benefits
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account, subsidized by Cruise
- Flexible Spending Account
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit Plan for non-remote employees
- CruiseFlex – a working policy for US-Based Cruisers that lets you and your manager find what working style is best for you, whether it’s primarily in-person, primarily at home or a combination of home and in-office time.
- We’re Integrated
- Through our partnerships with General Motors and Honda, we are the only self-driving company with fully integrated manufacturing at scale.
- We’re Funded
- GM, Honda, Microsoft, T. Rowe Price & Walmart have invested billions in Cruise. Their backing for our technology demonstrates their confidence in our progress, team, and vision and makes us one of the leading autonomous vehicle organizations in the industry. Our deep resources greatly accelerate our operating speed.
- We’re Independent
- We have our own governance, board of directors, equity, and investors. Our independence allows us to not just work on the edge of technology, but also define it.
- We’re Vested
- You won’t just own your work here, you’ll have the potential to own equity in Cruise, too. We are competing in a market that is projected to grow exponentially, which gives our company valuation room to grow.
- Recurring Liquidity Opportunity (RLO) – a unique equity program where employees, both current and former, have the option to sell any amount of their vested equity on a recurring basis, currently quarterly.
Cruise LLC is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to create a supportive and inclusive workplace where contributions are valued and celebrated, and our employees thrive by being themselves and are inspired to do the best work of their lives.
We seek applicants of all backgrounds and identities, across race, color, ethnicity, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or parental status, or disability. Applicants will not be discriminated against based on these or other protected categories or social identities. Cruise will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, in accordance with applicable laws.
Cruise is committed to the full inclusion of all applicants. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process please let our recruiting team know or email HR@getcruise.com.
We proactively work to design hiring processes that promote equity and inclusion while mitigating bias. To help us track the effectiveness and inclusivity of our recruiting efforts, please consider answering the following demographic questions. Answering these questions is entirely voluntary. Your answers to these questions will not be shared with the hiring decision makers and will not impact the hiring decision in any way. Instead, Cruise will use this information not only to comply with any government reporting obligations but also to track our progress toward meeting our diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging objectives.
At Cruise, we’re tasked with leading in the communities we serve — and doing our part to help keep our communities and our teams safe. Our #StaySafe culture transcends and informs all we do, and because of this, as of October 31, 2021 Cruise will be mandating COVID-19 vaccinations for all US-based Cruisers who need or want to access any of our US Cruise facilities and engage in any business travel — including attending any in-person Company-sponsored event.
If you are unable to get a vaccine due to a medical condition, disability, or a strongly-held religious belief, Cruise will consider requests for an accommodation.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Cruise does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, Cruise does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.