We're Cruise, a self-driving service designed for the cities we love.
We’re building the world’s most advanced, self-driving vehicles to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. We believe self-driving vehicles will help save lives, reshape cities, give back time in transit, and restore freedom of movement for many.
Cruisers have the opportunity to grow and develop while learning from leaders at the forefront of their fields. With a culture of internal mobility, there's an opportunity to thrive in a variety of disciplines. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed.
If you are looking to play a part in making a positive impact in the world by advancing the revolutionary work of self-driving cars, join us.
What you’ll be doing:
The Operational Safety team assures safety in every operational stage including our closed course testing, validation testing on-road and our commercial driverless services. Our work ranges from collaborating with operations on measuring effectiveness of operator training to working with engineers on proactively identifying human factors risks to account for in feature designs.
- Lead and continue to build a high performing team of safety professionals.
- Lead and advance our frameworks for hazard identification, risk analysis, and assurance programs for human factors and organizational risks.
- Develop and lead an operational safety audit program strategy and plan to ensure effective operational safety controls implementation across all geographies, programs, and modes of operation.
- Partner with System Engineers to develop methods to incorporate findings from operations to the requirements and design process.
- Lead and improve processes to integrate safety issue resolution into company roadmaps and planning with a risk based approach.
- Develop clear dashboarding and critical issue pathways to ensure timely resolution of significant issues.
- Support release and issue management team and the ops response team to analyze field data to identify risk trends and areas of safety improvement.
- Serve as a key operational safety leader in the severe incident crisis management response team and maintain on-call plans for your team in responding to off-hours emergencies.
- Promote safety culture and our Safety Management System at Cruise.
What you must have:
- 5+ years of relevant work experience in a high risk industry (2+ years in safety).
- 2+ years of experience directly leading teams.
- Ability to keep calm and perform well under pressure.
- Comfort with ambiguity; bias to action.
- Effective at building consensus across different functions (Engineering, Operations, Legal, etc.).
- Willingness to go above and beyond to fulfill the company’s mission.
- Degree or Advanced Degree in a Safety, Engineering, or Management field.
- Expertise in safety analysis for autonomous vehicles.
- Experience with formal safety management systems.
- Familiarity with industry risk assessment methodologies including Systems Theoretic Process Analysis (STPA), Fault Tree Analysis (FTA), or, Design Failure Mode and Effect Analysis (DFMEA).
- Our benefits are here to support the whole you:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- 401(k) Cruise matching program
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- One Medical membership
- Subsidized mental health benefits
- Flexible vacation and company paid holidays
- Healthy meals and snacks provided for non-remote employees
- Paid parental, jury duty, bereavement, family care and medical leave
- Fertility Benefits
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account, subsidized by Cruise
- Flexible Spending Account
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit Plan for non-remote employees
- CruiseFlex – a working policy for US-Based Cruisers that lets you and your manager find what working style is best for you, whether it’s primarily in-person, primarily at home or a combination of home and in-office time.
- We’re Integrated
- Through our partnerships with General Motors and Honda, we are the only self-driving company with fully integrated manufacturing at scale.
- We’re Funded
- GM, Honda, Microsoft, T. Rowe Price & Walmart have invested billions in Cruise. Their backing for our technology demonstrates their confidence in our progress, team, and vision and makes us one of the leading autonomous vehicle organizations in the industry. Our deep resources greatly accelerate our operating speed.
- We’re Independent
- We have our own governance, board of directors, equity, and investors. Our independence allows us to not just work on the edge of technology, but also define it.
- We’re Vested
- You won’t just own your work here, you’ll have the potential to own equity in Cruise, too. We are competing in a market that is projected to grow exponentially, which gives our company valuation room to grow.
- Recurring Liquidity Opportunity (RLO) – a unique equity program where employees, both current and former, have the option to sell any amount of their vested equity on a recurring basis, currently quarterly.
Cruise LLC is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to create a supportive and inclusive workplace where contributions are valued and celebrated, and our employees thrive by being themselves and are inspired to do the best work of their lives.
We seek applicants of all backgrounds and identities, across race, color, ethnicity, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or parental status, or disability. Applicants will not be discriminated against based on these or other protected categories or social identities. Cruise will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, in accordance with applicable laws.
Cruise is committed to the full inclusion of all applicants. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process please let our recruiting team know or email HR@getcruise.com.
We proactively work to design hiring processes that promote equity and inclusion while mitigating bias. To help us track the effectiveness and inclusivity of our recruiting efforts, please consider answering the following demographic questions. Answering these questions is entirely voluntary. Your answers to these questions will not be shared with the hiring decision makers and will not impact the hiring decision in any way. Instead, Cruise will use this information not only to comply with any government reporting obligations but also to track our progress toward meeting our diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging objectives.
At Cruise, we’re tasked with leading in the communities we serve — and doing our part to help keep our communities and our teams safe. Our #StaySafe culture transcends and informs all we do, and because of this, as of October 31, 2021 Cruise will be mandating COVID-19 vaccinations for all US-based Cruisers who need or want to access any of our US Cruise facilities and engage in any business travel — including attending any in-person Company-sponsored event.
If you are unable to get a vaccine due to a medical condition, disability, or a strongly-held religious belief, Cruise will consider requests for an accommodation.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Cruise does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, Cruise does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.