- Full Time
We're Cruise, a self-driving service designed for the cities we love.
We’re building the world’s most advanced, self-driving vehicles to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. We believe self-driving vehicles will help save lives, reshape cities, give back time in transit, and restore freedom of movement for many.
Cruisers have the opportunity to grow and develop while learning from leaders at the forefront of their fields. With a culture of internal mobility, there's an opportunity to thrive in a variety of disciplines. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed.
If you are looking to play a part in making a positive impact in the world by advancing the revolutionary work of self-driving cars, join us.
The Release Operations Team defines and executes the robust change management processes by which Cruise develops, validates and approves software releases for deployment to our driverless fleets. They are responsible for driving quality, traceability and continuous improvement within this and other critical change management workstreams. This requires close collaboration with all teams involved in the software development lifecycle (Engineering, Testing, Release, Analysis, Operations, Safety, etc) to understand the unique challenges of software development in the AV space and find ways to measure, automate, and improve these processes.
We are seeking a dynamic and motivated leader to drive innovation among both our people and processes. This position requires an experienced professional who can manage the day to day challenges within a software development lifecycle in a fast paced environment as well as setting a long term vision leaning into autonomy and process optimization.
At Cruise, we believe in managers who remain deeply technical and understand the challenges their teams are facing. Our managers mentor their teams to success, shield their teams from distractions, and help publicly celebrate wins.
What you’ll be doing:
Develop, grow, and lead the Release Operations team at Cruise; develop and implement scalable change management processes while communicating the vision, roadmap, and direction for the team, cross functional partners, and external customers
Responsible for the scheduling, planning and execution of Cruise’s continuous software development and delivery process
Drive progression across applicable operational metrics including: Effectiveness, Efficiency, Cost and Cadence
Manage release schedules, deviations, dependencies and partner with program leads to detail impact
Align priorities with many cross-functional internal customers (TPMs, Engineering, Legal, Data Science, Data Analytics, Ground Truth and Executive Leadership)
Conduct performance evaluations, identify top performers, and support their growth into technical leadership or engineering management roles
Foster a healthy, collaborative culture and high-output team
What you must have:
5+ years of industry experience in a complex product development environment
Understanding of test strategy within a continuous release process
Comfortable working with HW, SW, Embedded, Operations, infra, and all Cruise teams
Obsessed with the development process and engineer experiences
Ability to balance strategies using automation, process, tooling, and people as solutions
Effective interpersonal, leadership, and concise communication skills
Mix of hands-on skills and management experience in critically important product development environments
Strong multi-functional communication, collaboration and stakeholder management
Ability to learn quickly, starting with little information and quickly becoming an expert in your domain
Automation and scripting experience
Proficient with Github or similar SW management tools
Proficient querying databases like Big Query
Strong analytical background and able to drive data-driven decisions
Experience with working with requirements and safety management systems
Previous managerial experience
The salary range for this position is $150,700 – 221,500. Compensation will vary depending on location, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. You may also be offered a bonus, restricted stock units, and benefits. These ranges are subject to change.
- Our benefits are here to support the whole you:
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and life insurance
- Subsidized mental health benefits
- One Medical membership
- Flexible Spending Account
- Monthly wellness stipend
- 401(k) match
- Paid time off: vacation, sick, public health emergency, jury duty, bereavement and company holidays.
- Paid parental, family care and medical leave
- Family care benefits: fertility benefits, Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account (subsidized by Cruise).
- Non-remote employees: Pre-tax Commuter Benefit Plan, healthy meals and snacks
- CruiseFlex – a working policy for US-Based Cruisers that lets you and your manager find what working style is best for you, whether it’s primarily in-person, primarily at home or a combination of home and in-office time.
- We’re Integrated
- Through our partnerships with General Motors and Honda, we are the only self-driving company with fully integrated manufacturing at scale.
- We’re Funded
- GM, Honda, Microsoft, T. Rowe Price & Walmart have invested billions in Cruise. Their backing for our technology demonstrates their confidence in our progress, team, and vision and makes us one of the leading autonomous vehicle organizations in the industry. Our deep resources greatly accelerate our operating speed.
- We’re Independent
- We have our own governance, board of directors, equity, and investors. Our independence allows us to not just work on the edge of technology, but also define it.
- We’re Vested
- You won’t just own your work here, you’ll have the potential to own equity in Cruise, too. We are competing in a market that is projected to grow exponentially, which gives our company valuation room to grow.
- Recurring Liquidity Opportunity (RLO) – a unique equity program where employees, both current and former, have the option to sell any amount of their vested equity on a recurring basis, currently quarterly.
- We’re Safety Conscious
- We integrate #staysafe, our top priority at Cruise, into our everyday work. Through our Safety Management System, every Cruiser is asked to do their part by reporting any potential issues or hazards they observe and making continuous improvements. You’ll be able to contribute to safety at Cruise, no matter your job function or title.
Cruise LLC is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to create a supportive and inclusive workplace where contributions are valued and celebrated, and our employees thrive by being themselves and are inspired to do the best work of their lives.
We seek applicants of all backgrounds and identities, across race, color, ethnicity, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or parental status, or disability. Applicants will not be discriminated against based on these or other protected categories or social identities. Cruise will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, in accordance with applicable laws.
Cruise is committed to the full inclusion of all applicants. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process please let our recruiting team know or email HR@getcruise.com.
We proactively work to design hiring processes that promote equity and inclusion while mitigating bias. To help us track the effectiveness and inclusivity of our recruiting efforts, please consider answering the following demographic questions. Answering these questions is entirely voluntary. Your answers to these questions will not be shared with the hiring decision makers and will not impact the hiring decision in any way. Instead, Cruise will use this information not only to comply with any government reporting obligations but also to track our progress toward meeting our diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging objectives.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Cruise does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, Cruise does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.