With electric vehicles expected to be nearly 30% of new vehicle sales by 2025 and more than 50% by 2040, electric mobility is becoming a reality. ChargePoint (NYSE: CHPT) is at the center of this revolution, powering one of the world’s leading EV charging networks and a comprehensive set of hardware, software and mobile solutions for every charging need across North America and Europe. We bring together drivers, businesses, automakers, policymakers, utilities and other stakeholders to make e-mobility a global reality.
Since our founding in 2007, ChargePoint has focused solely on making the transition to electric easy for businesses, fleets and drivers. ChargePoint offers a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to create an all-electric future and a trillion-dollar market.
Join the team that is building the EV charging industry and make your mark on how people and goods will get everywhere they need to go, in any context, for generations to come.
Discover what it’s like to help build the fueling network of the future – check out our Engineering Blog.
Manager, web Development
What You Will Be Doing
This is a full-time position working with an in-house corporate design team. You’ll collaborate with talented developers and designers to deliver a cohesive, premium user experience across the ChargePoint corporate site and other marketing web properties. You’ll work within existing templates and design new wireframes as our corporate needs evolve. Along the way, you’ll gain valuable insight into what it takes to design compelling materials for a dynamic, rapidly evolving category.
What You Will Bring to ChargePoint
You have impeccable attention to the details that shape user interactions. You’re a Sketch master and well versed in working through user flows, wireframing new layouts, and A/B testing. You have a proven track record of collaborating with clients, developers, and other designers to deliver effective design solutions. As part of the ChargePoint web team, you will:
- Work closely with front-end developers to design strong visual patterns, delivering intuitive experiences. Your design projects will range from global site elements to multi-level content sections and interactive page modules.
- Be responsible for accessible, scalable and responsive design across multiple locales and languages
- Work closely with graphic designers and writers to develop and publish content
- Monitor user experience analytics to validate designs
- Help express the ChargePoint brand via UI elements
- Maintain the website style guide, documenting evolving styles and standards
- Web/Graphic Design (or related) degree or certificate
- 5 years’ experience as a web designer
- Online design portfolio (professional work only)
- Proficiency in Sketch
- Familiarity with HTML and CSS. Strong understanding of web development for both owned and third-party websites
- Familiarity with Fullstory (or other experience analytics tools)
- Strong design skills: Ideation, exploration, refinement. Able to create multiple options that meet project goals while working within established patterns and visual styles.
- Great team player with strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Organized and detail oriented
- Experience working as part of an in-house corporate creative team
- Experience with Adobe Creative Cloud (Illustrator, Photoshop)
- Experience with prototyping tools such as InVision
- Familiarity with MS Office (PowerPoint, Word) and file sharing platforms (Box)
Remote USA. Preference for Bay Area, CA.
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse team. ChargePoint is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
If there is a match between your experiences/skills and the Company needs, we will contact you directly.
ChargePoint is an equal opportunity employer.
Applicants only – Recruiting agencies do not contact.