With electric vehicles expected to be nearly 30% of new vehicle sales by 2025 and more than 50% by 2040, electric mobility is becoming a reality. ChargePoint (NYSE: CHPT) is at the center of this revolution, powering one of the world’s leading EV charging networks and a comprehensive set of hardware, software and mobile solutions for every charging need across North America and Europe. We bring together drivers, businesses, automakers, policymakers, utilities and other stakeholders to make e-mobility a global reality.
Since our founding in 2007, ChargePoint has focused solely on making the transition to electric easy for businesses, fleets and drivers. ChargePoint offers a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to create an all-electric future and a trillion-dollar market.
Join the team that is building the EV charging industry and make your mark on how people and goods will get everywhere they need to go, in any context, for generations to come.
Discover what it’s like to help build the fuelling network of the future – check out our Engineering Blog.
Director – Test Development Engineering
What You Will Be Doing
ChargePoint’s Hardware Test Engineering team is seeking a Senior Validation Engineer to support the development of state-of-the-art automated production test systems with an emphasis on Design Validation. The Senior Validation Engineer will be analyzing complex designs, defining requirements and test plans, and is able to take ownership of new development projects from start to finish. The ideal candidate is passionate about identifying vulnerabilities and shortcomings of advanced hardware systems, and enjoys working cross-functionally to drive the issues to closure.
What You Will Bring to ChargePoint
- Architect and develop scalable lab test systems for characterisation and validation of key performance parameters
- Definition of test requirements for the EVT phase through collaboration with stakeholders from Product, Design and Operations teams
- Collaborate cross-functionally on test requirements through the entire product development lifecycle
- Participate in product design reviews, code reviews, and test coverage reviews
- Analyse parametric and functional test results from manufacturing facilities
- Ensure product integrity and lead design improvements via a data-driven process
- 3 – 5 years of relevant experience
- Strong EE fundamentals in PCB-level design validation, including Power and Signal Integrity
- Experience with requirement management tools (JAMA, DOORS, etc)
- Strong fundamentals in Python and/or other programming languages
- Experience transitioning products from prototype to production in volume manufacturing
- Proficient with process integration and coexistence analysis of electromechanical systems
- Familiar with communication protocols such as CAN, UART, Ethernet, SPI, I2C, etc.
- RF test experience a plus
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse team. ChargePoint is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
If there is a match between your experiences/skills and the Company needs, we will contact you directly.
ChargePoint is an equal opportunity employer.
Applicants only – Recruiting agencies do not contact.