With electric vehicles expected to be nearly 30% of new vehicle sales by 2025 and more than 50% by 2040, electric mobility is becoming a reality. ChargePoint (NYSE: CHPT) is at the center of this revolution, powering one of the world’s leading EV charging networks and a comprehensive set of hardware, software and mobile solutions for every charging need across North America and Europe. We bring together drivers, businesses, automakers, policymakers, utilities and other stakeholders to make e-mobility a global reality.
Since our founding in 2007, ChargePoint has focused solely on making the transition to electric easy for businesses, fleets and drivers. ChargePoint offers a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to create an all-electric future and a trillion-dollar market.
Join the team that is building the EV charging industry and make your mark on how people and goods will get everywhere they need to go, in any context, for generations to come.
Discover what it’s like to help build the fueling network of the future – check out our Engineering Blog.
Senior Manager of Test Engineering
What You Will Be Doing
ChargePoint is looking for an experienced ICT Test Engineer to help drive our new PCBA designs to be test friendly with maximum coverage to catch defects early in the builds. Providing early on feedback to the design team and ensuring the Chargepoint DFT guidelines are being followed throughout the product development life cycle.
This engineer will also be responsible for reviewing daily test failures, analyzing and debugging failures, providing debug guidance to the CM techs and engineers, implementing, and debugging new test programs and evaluating test coverage of CM defined tests: AOI, X-ray, Flying Probe, ICT, B-Scan and Test jet.
This role requires an engineer who is self-driven, and highly motivated to gain in-depth knowledge of ChargePoint’s products and test processes. He or she will be ChargePoint’s first line of defense at SMT.
What You Will Bring to ChargePoint
- Experienced ICT Development for mid to high complexity PCBAs
- Evaluate equipment failures, manage spare parts inventory and repairs
- Daily tracking of test failures including categorizing them to root cause
- Escalate new and unresolved test and failure issues and risks to the ChargePoint Quality and TE teams
- Ensure that our CM is thoroughly and accurately diagnosing and addressing issues
- FMEA experience, preferably experience driving product PFMEAs from factory test perspective.
- Feedback and influence with design teams and test teams to correct product defects, test station and process issues
- Development experience in ICT Test development space.
- Periodic monitoring of test data for statistical trends to detect component, manufacturing and measurement system changes occurring through their lifecycles
- Create and implement ECOs for production SW/FW updates in the factory
- Work with Vendors, CMS and CP test engineers to validate new tests – coverage reports, gauge R&R, SPC analysis results.
- Bachelors or associates degree in engineering or related technical field or extensive industry experience
- 8-10 years of industry experience, 4-6 years of hands on ICT Test development experience.
- Experience working in an EMS facility and directing technicians and operators
- Ability to read circuit schematics and to debug PCBA and electro-mechanical systems
- Experienced user of electronic test equipment, power supplies and signal acquisition devices.
- Experienced with configuring and maintaining custom test systems (HW and SW)
- Willingness to travel domestically and internationally up to 20% of the time
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse team. ChargePoint is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
If there is a match between your experiences/skills and the Company needs, we will contact you directly.
ChargePoint is an equal opportunity employer.
Applicants only – Recruiting agencies do not contact.