With electric vehicles (EVs) expected to be nearly 30% of new vehicle sales by 2025 and more than 50% by 2040, electric mobility is becoming a reality. ChargePoint is at the center of this revolution, powering one of the world’s leading EV charging networks and a comprehensive set of hardware, software and mobile solutions for every charging need. We bring together drivers, businesses, automakers, policymakers, utilities and other stakeholders to make e-mobility a global reality.
Since our founding in 2007, ChargePoint has focused solely on EV charging and established a business model that's been validated by more than a decade in business and thousands of customers. As now a public company, we remain focused on broadening our market leadership and building on years of innovation. ChargePoint offers a once-in-a-lifetime chance to build our all-electric future and dominate a trillion-dollar market.
Join the team that is building the EV charging industry and make your mark on how people and goods will get everywhere they need to go, in any context, for generations to come.
Discover what it’s like to help build the fueling network of the future – check out our Engineering Blog.
Director, Acc. & Finance
What You Will Be Doing
SOX Interns will help support the SOX team in its oversight of Chargepoint’s internal controls over financial reporting. In addition, the Intern will work closely with business stakeholders and be responsible for performing various activities, including but not limited to developing business process scope, performing testing procedures, and maintaining process flows and risk and control matrices, as necessary.
What You Will Bring to ChargePoint
- Interface with business stakeholders, assist in scheduling meetings, develop agendas and subsequent action item lists for SOX meetings
- Assist in business process control walkthrough and documentation
- Perform data analysis on supporting documentation received
- Assist with interim SOX testing preparation
- Help with new SOX tool implementation
- Support updates to process flows and risk and control matrices related to in-scope SOX business cycles.
- Support and understand the end-to-end business processes for assigned areas
- Interface with business stakeholders to ensure SOX 404 objectives, deliverables, and timelines are met.
- Other projects and responsibilities at the SOX Team’s discretion.
- Currently pursuing a bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or a related field.
- Keen interest in learning about US GAAP, COSO, and SOX
- Self-motivated – able to follow detailed instructions and document results
- Detail-oriented and process improvement mindset
- Solid work ethic and ability to plan and organise multiple tasks
- Strong analytical problem-solving skills and critical thinking
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including strong verbal and written communication
- Ability to work both independently and on team assignment
- High Proficiency in MS Office, Excel, and Visio
- Flexibility to work across multiple time zones
Gurgaon, India (Remote can also be the option)
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse team. ChargePoint is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
If there is a match between your experiences/skills and the Company needs, we will contact you directly.
ChargePoint is an equal opportunity employer.
Applicants only – Recruiting agencies do not contact.