With electric vehicles (EVs) expected to be nearly 30% of new vehicle sales by 2025 and more than 50% by 2040, electric mobility is becoming a reality. ChargePoint is at the center of this revolution, powering one of the world’s leading EV charging networks and a comprehensive set of hardware, software and mobile solutions for every charging need. We bring together drivers, businesses, automakers, policymakers, utilities and other stakeholders to make e-mobility a global reality.
Since our founding in 2007, ChargePoint has focused solely on EV charging and established a business model that's been validated by more than a decade in business and thousands of customers. As now a public company, we remain focused on broadening our market leadership and building on years of innovation. ChargePoint offers a once-in-a-lifetime chance to build our all-electric future and dominate a trillion-dollar market.
Join the team that is building the EV charging industry and make your mark on how people and goods will get everywhere they need to go, in any context, for generations to come.
Discover what it’s like to help build the fueling network of the future – check out our Engineering Blog.
What You Will Be Doing
The S&OP (Sales and Operations Planning) Manager is the focal point for coordinating supply chain plans / strategy. The scheduler coordinates the Sales and Operations Planning (S&OP) process to ensure the master production schedule satisfies the business requirements. The S&OP Manager develops and implements long-term supply chain strategies through a master production schedule that satisfies Sales and Marketing demand. The scheduler balances current and future customer demand requirements to ensure successful completion of customer requirements. This is a highly cross functional role with visibility to global teams and senior leadership. The position reports to the Director, Supply Chain found in California.
- Oversee all S&OP (Sales & Operations Planning) and collaborate with Sales in planning and forecasting
- Supply 12 month rolling build plan to sustaining Supply Chain team in North America
- Partner with Demand Planning, Sales Ops, Product management, Senior Leaders, and internal Customers to create, measure and drive forecast accuracy improvement at the Customer and SKU level.
- Analyze and troubleshoot demand related issues in a prompt and correct manner.
- Facilitate the allocation process when supply or supplier’s capacity constraints arise.
- Proactively assess the risks associated with demand spikes and though, then collaborate with senior managers to develop alternatives that assure customer fulfilment, inventory stability, and capacity maintenance.
- Lead cross functional teams to understand the key drivers of demand and replenishment, promotions, new product introduction launches, existing product extensions, and seasonality.
- Coordinate and close out all quarter end activities by COB on last day of the quarter.
- Create and keep weekly supply matrix to Sales published demand numbers.
- Develop data that informs the organization about the value of driving continuous improvement in the demand planning process.
- Responsible for planning, reviewing, and developing production procedures and personnel. Assesses and trains personnel for promotion to cross-functional operations.
- Ensures the availability of materials in the supply chain, as scheduled, and the maintenance of inventory at acceptable levels. Develops material schedules and coordinates the efficient movement of materials with the Materials, warehouse, and engineering teams. Reviews and plans requirements for buying materials.
- Implements activities related to on time cost-effective in production planning, fulfillment and inventory management.
- Manages material replenishment and Customer Service activities for Distribution Centers in a multi-site environment.
- Observes current business trends on Sales, Inventory, and Customer Service.
- Supplies maintenance to SOX Accesses Controls for Oracle responsibilities related to Planning activities WW.
- Reviews, calculates, and supplies maintenance to safety stock levels.
- Implements, updates, and documents business procedures using ISO 9001 standards.
- Maintain best level of performance within required budget and ensure compliance to all standard projects.
- Oversees daily business functions and deals with issues.
- Selects, develops, and evaluates Planning personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the function.
Qualifications and Desired Skills
- 8+ years of related experience
- 8+ years working knowledge of an ERP system such as Expandable or NetSuite & Oracle Cloud
- Strong understanding of demand planning, and ability to interact and communicate effectively with internal and external customers
- Ability to work with multiple levels within and outside the organization.
- Should be self-directed, could work independently and be initiative-taking
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking and time-management skills
- There will be some, but minimal travel expected for this role
- Demonstrated ability to work in a demanding environment and deliver on commitments
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
- Strong analytical, organizational, decision-making and presentation skills.
- Proficiency in statistics, forecasting and forecasting methods with an understanding of their financial and operational impacts.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse team. ChargePoint is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
If there is a match between your experiences/skills and the Company needs, we will contact you directly.
ChargePoint is an equal opportunity employer.
Applicants only – Recruiting agencies do not contact.