With electric vehicles (EVs) expected to be nearly 30% of new vehicle sales by 2025 and more than 50% by 2040, electric mobility is becoming a reality. ChargePoint is at the center of this revolution, powering one of the world’s leading EV charging networks and a comprehensive set of hardware, software and mobile solutions for every charging need. We bring together drivers, businesses, automakers, policymakers, utilities and other stakeholders to make e-mobility a global reality.
Since our founding in 2007, ChargePoint has focused solely on EV charging and established a business model that's been validated by more than a decade in business and thousands of customers. As now a public company, we remain focused on broadening our market leadership and building on years of innovation. ChargePoint offers a once-in-a-lifetime chance to build our all-electric future and dominate a trillion-dollar market.
Join the team that is building the EV charging industry and make your mark on how people and goods will get everywhere they need to go, in any context, for generations to come.
Discover what it’s like to help build the fueling network of the future – check out our Engineering Blog.
Senior Director of Test Engineering
What You Will Be Doing
ChargePoint Test Engineering team designs, develops, validates, and delivers to internal customers test solutions incorporating complex hardware, firmware, and software. We are looking for an experienced Senior Test Program Manager to work with test engineers and technicians, GSM/logistics teams, and outside vendors through the full lifecycle of Test projects, from concept to development, validation, factory deployment, and sustaining. The Senior Test Program Manager is responsible for establishing and executing project integrated schedules and drive the execution of test development and delivery projects. The successful candidate will be collaborative, open, transparent, and team-oriented with a focus on team empowerment & shared responsibility, flexibility, continuous learning, and a culture of automation.
This role will be responsible for the following activities:
- Develop and manage the project plan, align with the project core team to map the development, validation, and deployment of test stations at various maturity levels (Proto, EVT, DVT, Production).
- Be responsible for daily project management through the test solution life cycle of design, development, validation, and factory release.
- Establish cross functional relationships to gather Test requirements and defining the test coverage prioritization by build.
- Partner with test engineering management to facilitate all aspects of projects: prioritize, schedule, track, proactively manage and communicate status of projects; manage dependencies and blockers.
- Ensure Test Engineering resources are adequately allocated by project milestones.
- Manage and coordinate the development of the factory test flow for all test stations to be deployed on the production lines.
- Interface with outside vendors, track their progress, and ensure timely execution of the project from requirements to delivery of specified test solution.
- Work with GSM teams to ensure that documentation and specifications for test station development and duplication are clearly established and mass production scaling plans are in line with manufacturing capacit
- Coordinate the projects and their interdependencies between new and sustaining projectsy plans.
- Present the state of Test Engineering to upper management on a regular cadence.
- Capture lessons learned and drive continuous improvements across projects.
- Enforce processes throughout the project cycle – scrums and agile ceremony meetings, demos, and releases.
- Execute commit gates for test development and factory release.
- Maintain master project Confluence page tying all aspects of the project together.
What You Will Bring to ChargePoint
- Project management/Project leadership background in a technology company. Well versed in current electronics test strategies (AOI, ICT, Functional and FATP)
- Prior experience in High Voltage or Power Supplies space is a plus.
- Experienced in engineering validation and test methodologies.
- Understanding of rapid product development and product lifecycles.
- Ability to extract data from chaos and parse information for leadership reviews.
- Perform risk assessments and balance deliverables against schedules.
- Successfully built partnerships with CMs and vendors.
- Experience in establishing statement of work for vendors
- Create and implement ECOs for production SW/FW updates in the factory Coordinate with SW teams to manage factory test SW release plan.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or related technical field (PMP or MBA a plus)
- 3+ years of program/project management experience in Test Engineering, including tracking tester development and delivery using Agile tools and metrics
- 4+ years’ experience in Test engineering of electronic systems
- Experienced user of electronic test equipment such as bed of nails fixtures, power supplies and signal acquisition devices.
- Experienced with configuring and maintaining custom test systems (HW and SW)
- Ability to juggle between multiple competing priorities.
- Ability to collate and present data to leadership.
- Willingness to travel domestically and internationally up to 15% of the time
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse team. ChargePoint is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
If there is a match between your experiences/skills and the Company needs, we will contact you directly.
ChargePoint is an equal opportunity employer.
Applicants only – Recruiting agencies do not contact.