With electric vehicles (EVs) expected to be nearly 30% of new vehicle sales by 2025 and more than 50% by 2040, electric mobility is becoming a reality. ChargePoint is at the center of this revolution, powering one of the world’s leading EV charging networks and a comprehensive set of hardware, software and mobile solutions for every charging need. We bring together drivers, businesses, automakers, policymakers, utilities and other stakeholders to make e-mobility a global reality.
Since our founding in 2007, ChargePoint has focused solely on EV charging and established a business model that's been validated by more than a decade in business and thousands of customers. As now a public company, we remain focused on broadening our market leadership and building on years of innovation. ChargePoint offers a once-in-a-lifetime chance to build our all-electric future and a trillion-dollar market.
Join the team that is building the EV charging industry and make your mark on how people and goods will get everywhere they need to go, in any context, for generations to come.
Discover what it’s like to help build the fueling network of the future – check out our Engineering Blog.
Engineering Test and Validation Lab Manager
What You Will Be Doing
ChargePoint is looking for an experienced and skilled, Senior Staff Test Engineer – Reliability to help ensure that reliability and validation testing for our EV Charging stations meet performance and reliability requirements.
What You Will Bring to ChargePoint
- Maintain updated test plan documentation (Box and Confluence) that captures complete current test status and results.
- Train technicians as needed to support reliability testing, including customized product specific instructions.
- Lead test plan execution hands-on for assigned programs, driving test schedule and resources for timely completion.
- Report all test failures found daily through JIRA tickets, providing detailed cross function responses requested.
- Develop and build new mechanical and/or operational stress test setups and fixtures per requirements from reliability engineer.
- Perform data analysis as requested to effectively report on results.
- Track test progress to identify test process issues, escalating as needed to minimize schedule impacts.
- Document and revise test procedures as needed.
- Perform first level system FA, following through on further root cause analysis prescribed by cross functional team.
- Provide test and/or equipment performance data analysis to support test-to-field correlations.
- Determine and setup instrumentation needed to study system performance and failure mechanisms, sourcing new instruments to enable needed measurements.
- Execute prescribed experimentation and DOE’s to investigate failure mechanisms.
- Troubleshoot complex test setup issues to improve equipment reliability.
- 10+ Years experience
- BS Degree in Engineering or other related field
San Jose, CA
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse team. ChargePoint is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
If there is a match between your experiences/skills and the Company needs, we will contact you directly.
ChargePoint is an equal opportunity employer.
Applicants only – Recruiting agencies do not contact.