With electric vehicles expected to be nearly 30% of new vehicle sales by 2025 and more than 50% by 2040, electric mobility is becoming a reality. ChargePoint (NYSE: CHPT) is at the center of this revolution, powering one of the world’s leading EV charging networks and a comprehensive set of hardware, software and mobile solutions for every charging need across North America and Europe. We bring together drivers, businesses, automakers, policymakers, utilities and other stakeholders to make e-mobility a global reality.
Since our founding in 2007, ChargePoint has focused solely on making the transition to electric easy for businesses, fleets and drivers. ChargePoint offers a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to create an all-electric future and a trillion-dollar market.
Join the team that is building the EV charging industry and make your mark on how people and goods will get everywhere they need to go, in any context, for generations to come.
Discover what it’s like to help build the fueling network of the future – check out our Engineering Blog.
Sr Manager, Mechanical Design Engineering
What You Will Be Doing
The Mechanical Design group is seeking a Senior Staff Mechanical Engineer to join our team. As a member of the MD team you will be a driving force of innovation and helping build the future of electric vehicle charging.
The Senior Staff Mechanical Engineer will play a direct role in the design and execution of ChargePoint’s products. We are seeking a confident and personable engineer who has exceptional manufacturing experience, including design for manufacturing, design for cost and assembly, production tooling development with a proven track record of delivering world-class products in cross-functional teams.
What You Will Bring to ChargePoint
As a Senior Staff Mechanical Engineer, your responsibilities will focus on the manufacturability, cost effectiveness, and design for quality of current production and new products:
- Executing designs from architecture to mass production
- Interfacing directly with local and international suppliers to efficiently execute designs into mass production
- Identifying design opportunities for quality, cost, assembly, and manufacturing
- Production tooling development and monitoring into production.
- Root cause and failure analysis on current products
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field
- Minimum 10 years of industry experience in a Mechanical Engineering role
- Multiple examples of leading projects into production.
- Strong working knowledge of injection molding, CNC machining, sheet metal, aluminum die casting and extrusion, cosmetic part finishing, busbars, custom magnetics and capacitors, and mass production processes
- A self-starter who is comfortable driving multiple parts and aspects of the product design process simultaneously.
- Strong written and oral communication with peers and executives
- Ability to learn quickly and operate outside of your comfort zone
- Proficient in CAD (NX highly preferred, others accepted)
- Ability to review and optimize 2D drawings, including understanding tolerances of various manufacturing methods and GD&T.
The ideal candidate would also have design experience in the following areas:
- High power system and interconnect design (up to 1kV & up to 500A)
- Ruggedized outdoor electro-mechanical products (IP protection)
- Cooling system and thermal solution design (both air and liquid)
- Material selection for functional and regulatory requirements
- Experience with FEA and ability to perform stress/strain analysis
ChargePoint is committed to fair and equitable compensation practices.
The targeted US salary range for roles at this operating level is $85,000 to $197,500. This range represents base salary and does not reflect equity, benefits or variable pay where applicable. Actual base salaries are based on several factors unique to each candidate, including but not limited to skill set, experience, certifications and specific work location.
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse team. ChargePoint is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
If there is a match between your experiences/skills and the Company needs, we will contact you directly.
ChargePoint is an equal opportunity employer.
Applicants only – Recruiting agencies do not contact.