With electric vehicles (EVs) expected to be nearly 30% of new vehicle sales by 2025 and more than 50% by 2040, electric mobility is becoming a reality. ChargePoint is at the center of this revolution, powering one of the world’s leading EV charging networks and a comprehensive set of hardware, software and mobile solutions for nearly every charging need. We bring together drivers, businesses, automakers, policymakers, utilities and other stakeholders to make e-mobility a global reality.
Since our founding in 2007, ChargePoint has focused solely on EV charging and established a business model that's been validated by more than a decade in business and thousands of customers. As now a public company, we remain focused on broadening our market leadership and building on years of innovation. ChargePoint offers a once-in-a-lifetime chance to build our all-electric future and dominate a trillion-dollar market.
Join the team that is building the EV charging industry and make your mark on how people and goods will get everywhere they need to go, in any context, for generations to come.
Discover what it’s like to help build the fueling network of the future – check out our Engineering Blog.
Senior Director of Data Management
What You Will Be Doing
Being a leading EV charging network, we have a lot of data that is used to enhance end-user experience, optimize network operations and placement of charging stations, and improve internal operations and manufacturing processes. This is just the beginning, and we see a huge opportunity to leverage data to predict failures before they happen, build delightful products and enable electrification of all forms of transportation.
A Data Engineer in this role will work with several departments across the company (e.g., Engineering, Operations, Sales, Marketing, Support) to identify use cases/scenarios for optimization, build lakehouse to enable efficient querying and analytics, and help others use data science and ML to analyze the data and build data solutions. We are looking for a Data Engineer to not only build data pipelines but also extend the next generation of our data tools.
What You Will Bring to ChargePoint
- Design, build and launch extremely efficient and reliable data pipelines to move data across a number of platforms including Data Warehouse, online caches and real-time systems.
- Use your data and analytics experience to ‘see what’s missing’, identifying and addressing gaps in their existing logging and processes.
- Provide thought leadership, perform business analysis, and support execution of high-impact strategic projects and mission-critical initiatives.
- Be an evangelist for data analysis and data-oriented decision making
- Stay up to date with constantly evolving data analysis landscape and industry best practices
- Work with key leaders on critical strategic, organizational, and operational projects designed to increase revenue, sales productivity, and operational efficiency.
- Work with many global teams, communicate optimally, both written and verbal, with technical and non-technical multi-functional teams.
- Build data expertise and data quality for your areas.
- Solid software engineering fundamentals
- 10+ years of experience with in writing Advanced SQLs, performance tuning of SQLs
- 10+ years of experience with building dimensional data models to improve accessibility, efficiency, and quality of data
- 10+ years of experience in custom ETL design, implementation and maintenance.
- Programming experience in building high quality applications, data pipelines and analytics solutions.
- Experience in developing BigData applications using java, Spark, Hive, Oozie, Airflow, Kafka and MapReduce.
- 10+ years of experience working with cloud or on-prem Big Data/MPP analytics platform (i.e., AWS Glue/EMR, Google BigQuery, Azure Data Warehouse, Databricks, Snowflake, Hortonworks/Cloudera Clusters, or similar)
- Strong competency in problem solving, analysis & project management.
- Previous experience working in a fast-paced, fast-growing, and results-driven environment that demands consistent and enduring excellence.
- Ability to identify issues and develop and implement solutions to meet department and company goals.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously with complex and demanding deadlines.
- Ability to work with ambiguity and create quick PoCs
- Self-starter; strong drive, bias-to-action, commitment and work ethic; willingness to take on big challenges and own the results from brainstorm to execution.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills – Able to influence others effectively.
- Experience in data analysis, statistical analysis, data science or ML
- Experience with data viz and business intelligence tools (e.g., Tableau, MS Power BI, etc.)
India – Remote