With electric vehicles expected to be nearly 30% of new vehicle sales by 2025 and more than 50% by 2040, electric mobility is becoming a reality. ChargePoint (NYSE: CHPT) is at the center of this revolution, powering one of the world’s leading EV charging networks and a comprehensive set of hardware, software and mobile solutions for every charging need across North America and Europe. We bring together drivers, businesses, automakers, policymakers, utilities and other stakeholders to make e-mobility a global reality.
Since our founding in 2007, ChargePoint has focused solely on making the transition to electric easy for businesses, fleets and drivers. ChargePoint offers a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to create an all-electric future and a trillion-dollar market.
Join the team that is building the EV charging industry and make your mark on how people and goods will get everywhere they need to go, in any context, for generations to come.
Discover what it’s like to help build the fueling network of the future – check out our Engineering Blog.
Senior Manager, Policy: UK & Ireland
As Senior Policy Manager for UK and Ireland you will be responsible for designing and executing an agenda-setting programme of strategic engagement and outreach activity which advances ChargePoint’s priorities and helps to optimise the commercial environment in the region.
You will deliver two parallel programmes of defensive, responsive policy activities – engaging with governments and communicating ChargePoint’s key messages and positions, and offensive proactive policy activities – creating a supportive narrative for ChargePoint’s commercial proposition.
You will support multi-market policy activity with colleagues in Europe and North America, and will also own ChargePoint’s relationships with key trade associations and be responsible for ensuring they continue to align with ChargePoint’s mission.
What you will be doing
- Set clear objectives and deliverables which reflect ChargePoint’s market-leading offering;
- Monitor legislative, industry, trade association and regulatory activity, knowing when and how to act on key developments;
- Build constructive relationships with key external political stakeholders at all levels;
- Develop and deliver messaging that is appropriate for the audience, and deploy this in written and spoken output such as meetings, letters, briefings, position papers and consultation responses;
- Maintain clear, concise communications with internal regulatory, engineering and technical teams, and commercial, marketing teams and senior management;
- Structure the work of external agencies to support your key objectives;
- Develop relationships with key trade associations and ensure they align with ChargePoint’s priorities;
- Ensure that the policy function and its value to the wider business is well understood in ChargePoint.
What you will bring to ChargePoint
- Minimum 7 years’ experience working in public policy or public affairs, with experience in managing multiple geographies and/or a fast-growing corporate setting strongly preferred;
- Proven track record of directly steering national government policy through public affairs activities;
- Outstanding interpersonal, communication and presentation skills, with demonstrable ability to adjust tone and content to the audience;
- Extraordinary attention to detail and understanding of corporate voice in written output;
- Proven ability to deliver successful political campaigns of varying scope, schedule, budget and risk;
- Ability to address and manage complex groups of competing stakeholders (internal and external);
- A passion for and ability to make a compelling case for e-mobility.
Reading, or within a commutable distance.
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse team. ChargePoint is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
If there is a match between your experiences/skills and the Company needs, we will contact you directly.
ChargePoint is an equal opportunity employer.
Applicants only – Recruiting agencies do not contact.