With electric vehicles (EVs) expected to be nearly 30% of new vehicle sales by 2025 and more than 50% by 2040, electric mobility is becoming a reality. ChargePoint is at the center of this revolution, powering one of the world’s leading EV charging networks and a comprehensive set of hardware, software and mobile solutions for every charging need. We bring together drivers, businesses, automakers, policymakers, utilities and other stakeholders to make e-mobility a global reality.
Since our founding in 2007, ChargePoint has focused solely on EV charging and established a business model that's been validated by more than a decade in business and thousands of customers. As now a public company, we remain focused on broadening our market leadership and building on years of innovation. ChargePoint offers a once-in-a-lifetime chance to build our all-electric future and dominate a trillion-dollar market.
Join the team that is building the EV charging industry and make your mark on how people and goods will get everywhere they need to go, in any context, for generations to come.
Discover what it’s like to help build the fueling network of the future – check out our Engineering Blog.
VP, Infrastructure Deployment
What You Will Be Doing
In this role, you will be responsible for providing energy management consultation and strategies to customers and prospective customers as they electrify their fleets and EV charging facilities. The selected candidate will be responsible for supporting sales efforts, demonstrating ChargePoint energy optimization solutions, modelling energy costs and clearly articulating the benefits of the ChargePoint fleet charging software. The person in this role will be responsible representing the voice of the customer and working with product management on new products, features and functions critical to fleet customers. You will also support RFP and RFQ responses related to energy management describing how the ChargePoint fleet solutions will support customer’s growing EV fleet needs.
The applicant must be self-motivated and able to effectively manage their time.
What You Will Bring to ChargePoint
- Analysis of current and future energy needs for a customer’s EV fleet, leveraging energy optimization opportunities with the implementation of Fleet Depot software
- Develop and deliver presentations and fleet depot software demos to partners and customers in support of the sales process, educating potential customers on the benefits of ChargePoint solutions
- Act as a technical consultant, learning and understanding customer business needs and developing cost optimized charging solutions
- Develop and maintain ROI models for studying the impact of adding energy storage to fleet depot deployments or remote charging sites
- Work with product management to help align product development with customer and market needs
- Maintain knowledge of the competitive landscape and how to position our products against the competition
- Responsible for identifying technical issues that may affect customer satisfaction and proactively work to resolve such issues
- Work with product management to evaluate energy storage partners for incorporation into fleet management solutions
- Maintain knowledge of customer tariffs and special EV rates that are available at prospect and customer sites
- Respond to functional and technical elements of RFPs/Tenders; assist in the development and execution of SoWs (statements of work) and other proposals
- Bachelor or master’s degree in engineering, mathematics, computer science, or equivalent
- Minimum of two years working with energy modelling and analysis, including analyzing 15-minute meter interval data for site
- Working knowledge of EV charging systems and charging dynamics
- Detailed knowledge of utility rate tariffs, and ability to read a utility rate tariff to glean all applicable information needed for energy and ROI models
- Minimum 5 years of combined experience in technical sales or technical consulting
- Experience should include some: electrical engineering, telecommunications, information technology, software development, technical writing
- Excellent presentation, oral and written communication skills
- Strong customer facing and relationship building
- Ability to assess the business needs of an electric vehicle fleet, including ability to optimize charging infrastructure in context with route lengths and dwell times
- US Remote
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse team. ChargePoint is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
If there is a match between your experiences/skills and the Company needs, we will contact you directly.
ChargePoint is an equal opportunity employer.
Applicants only – Recruiting agencies do not contact.