With electric vehicles expected to be nearly 30% of new vehicle sales by 2025 and more than 50% by 2040, electric mobility is becoming a reality. ChargePoint (NYSE: CHPT) is at the center of this revolution, powering one of the world’s leading EV charging networks and a comprehensive set of hardware, software and mobile solutions for every charging need across North America and Europe. We bring together drivers, businesses, automakers, policymakers, utilities and other stakeholders to make e-mobility a global reality.
Since our founding in 2007, ChargePoint has focused solely on making the transition to electric easy for businesses, fleets and drivers. ChargePoint offers a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to create an all-electric future and a trillion-dollar market.
Join the team that is building the EV charging industry and make your mark on how people and goods will get everywhere they need to go, in any context, for generations to come.
Discover what it’s like to help build the fueling network of the future – check out our Engineering Blog.
Sr. Manager, Processes & Tools
What You Will Be Doing
ChargePoint is looking for a Scrum Master to help build and support high performing teams on global embedded software technology projects as a ‘servant leader’.
The ideal candidate lives, breathes Agile and has demonstrated ability in implementing the framework and tailor it to the needs of the team. You should be courageous enough to function in an environment where the implementation and adoption of Agile Principles and Practices is still a work in progress. You thrive in lean, dynamic environments with competing priorities and guide the team in identifying the right priorities and focus.
The Scrum Master will support and interact with Teams, Product Managers, Product owners, Senior management teams and Stakeholders to deliver a great product.
Some of the primary responsibilities that the SM will perform:
- Support the teams in applying Agile principles and practices in a healthy and sustainable way
- Help align the team with a diverse set of stakeholders to optimize value delivery for example coaching and supporting PMs and POs
- Ensure that there is complete transparency by providing applicable metrics to different levels of the organization
What You Will Bring to ChargePoint
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. The position involves interfacing with a lot of stakeholders from various departments with different needs
- Hands-on experience with Agile and Lean practices using Scrum, Kanban, etc.
- Familiarity working with the Atlassian product suite like JIRA / Confluence, or other similar project management software
- Ability to work in a dynamic Agile environment and interface with teams and departments with limited understanding of Agility
- Must have strong work ethic with good time management skills.
What You Will Be Doing at ChargePoint
- Lead and guide Agile teams in the embedded system software domain to iteratively and incrementally deliver great software
- Collaborate closely with hardware teams
- Implement Scrum or other methodologies and help propagate Agile Principles and Practices throughout the organization
- Help ensure that there is a high-quality product backlog that is ordered to optimize for value focused releases. This can be accomplished by, for instance, facilitating story mapping sessions.
- Keep sprints running smoothly by communicating with management and stakeholders and protecting the team from uncontrolled injection of work (changes are evaluated/intentional)
- Help the team (PO, PM and Dev Team) to navigate project conflicts, challenges and dynamic business requirements to ensure high performance and optimized value delivery
- Facilitate consensus building and a self-organizing culture to achieve optimal value delivery and team happiness
- Able to facilitate effective retrospectives and reviews to help teams continuously improve their practices to ensure maximum productivity
- Ability to proactively identify and eliminate impediments and facilitate flow
- Continuous improvements of Agile practices and methodologies and improve Agile maturity of teams and the organization
- Maintain team data in Atlassian tools (Jira, Confluence) for execution & tracking
- Support product manager(s) with respect to priorities, scope, tech-debt and cross-functional dependencies
- Collaborate with ChargePoint leadership and help in making decisions about key framework and design changes, and software release-readiness
- Help organize and participate in Quarterly Planning Process, coordinating pre-work with other engineering managers/leaders and facilitate planning sessions
- Be open to assisting where the organization needs you to make sure that the product is delivered as expected. This might include
- Project Management activities such as delivering visibility on scope, scheduling and progress
- Managing support tickets
- Broad experience of working in a variety of Agile environments of different maturities
- MUST have worked with technical projects relating to software, especially embedded systems software with at least 5 years as a Scrum Master or Agile Coach
- Excellent verbal & written communication skill, with the ability to effectively interact with technical team members and business stakeholders
- Highly capable of working in remote or hybrid environments
- Strong understanding of SDLC and Agility
- Deep understanding of Agile metrics (tasks, backlog tracking, burndown metrics, velocity, predictability etc.) to analyze and improve value delivery and the team
- Experience with the Atlassian suite of products, specifically Enterprise JIRA Cloud
- Collaborative mindsetand an appreciative personality with high social competence
- Able to work effectively in a fast-paced environment with competing resources and priorities
Nice to have
- Bachelor or master 's degree in CS or EE or vehicle related major with 5+ years of relevant experiences
- Agile/Lean certifications e.g. CSM, A-CSM, CSP, KMP
- Prior software development or testing experience (Frontend, Backend and embedded system) is a plus
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse team. ChargePoint is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
If there is a match between your experiences/skills and the Company needs, we will contact you directly.
ChargePoint is an equal opportunity employer.
Applicants only – Recruiting agencies do not contact.