With electric vehicles expected to be nearly 30% of new vehicle sales by 2025 and more than 50% by 2040, electric mobility is becoming a reality. ChargePoint (NYSE: CHPT) is at the center of this revolution, powering one of the world’s leading EV charging networks and a comprehensive set of hardware, software and mobile solutions for every charging need across North America and Europe. We bring together drivers, businesses, automakers, policymakers, utilities and other stakeholders to make e-mobility a global reality.
Since our founding in 2007, ChargePoint has focused solely on making the transition to electric easy for businesses, fleets and drivers. ChargePoint offers a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to create an all-electric future and a trillion-dollar market.
Join the team that is building the EV charging industry and make your mark on how people and goods will get everywhere they need to go, in any context, for generations to come.
Discover what it’s like to help build the fueling network of the future – check out our Engineering Blog.
Director Sales Engineering
What You Will Be Doing
In this role, you will be responsible for supporting the regional sales team with technical aspects of customer engagement. You will be responsible for actively driving and managing technology evaluation, working as a key advisor and advocate for our products and solutions, engaging with customers in person or on the phone, performing engineering site assessments, and developing recommendations to assist customers with deployment of electric vehicle charging infrastructure. You will also be responsible for developing RFP responses.
The applicant must be self-motivated and able to effectively manage their time.
Travel requirement: Approximately 30% travel within United States.
What You Will Bring to ChargePoint
- Develop and deliver presentations to partners and customers in support of the sales process, educating potential customers on the benefits of ChargePoint solutions.
- You act as a technical consultant, learning and understanding customer needs and developing the right solutions; working with product management to help align product development with customer and market needs.
- Provide technical training on our products and solutions to ChargePoint sales, partners, as well as end customers.
- Maintain knowledge of the competitive landscape and how to sell against the competition.
- Identify technical issues that may affect customer satisfaction and proactively work to resolve such issues.
- You provide both general “best practice” and site-specific engineering recommendations for civil and electrical infrastructure and telecommunications (cellular and WiFi); analyze and perform detailed calculations for electrical service load profiling, capacity planning, and energy management.
- Maintain knowledge of the National Electrical Code (NEC) and relevant state and local codes, specifically related to Electric Vehicle Supply Equipment (EVSE).
- You respond to functional and technical elements of RFPs; assist in the development and execution of SoWs (statements of work) and other proposals.
- Respond to Information Security / Information Technology (IS/IT) questions related to network security and data privacy.
- BS or MS in Engineering, Mathematics, Computer Science, or equivalent experience
- Minimum 8+ years of combined experience in technical sales or technical consulting
- Excellent presentation, oral and written communication skills
- Strong customer facing and relationship building skills
- Experience around some of electrical engineering, construction management, telecommunications, information technology, technical writing.
- US Remote
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse team. ChargePoint is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
If there is a match between your experiences/skills and the Company needs, we will contact you directly.
ChargePoint is an equal opportunity employer.
Applicants only – Recruiting agencies do not contact.