With electric vehicles expected to be nearly 30% of new vehicle sales by 2025 and more than 50% by 2040, electric mobility is becoming a reality. ChargePoint (NYSE: CHPT) is at the center of this revolution, powering one of the world’s leading EV charging networks and a comprehensive set of hardware, software and mobile solutions for every charging need across North America and Europe. We bring together drivers, businesses, automakers, policymakers, utilities and other stakeholders to make e-mobility a global reality.
Since our founding in 2007, ChargePoint has focused solely on making the transition to electric easy for businesses, fleets and drivers. ChargePoint offers a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to create an all-electric future and a trillion-dollar market.
Join the team that is building the EV charging industry and make your mark on how people and goods will get everywhere they need to go, in any context, for generations to come.
Discover what it’s like to help build the fueling network of the future – check out our Engineering Blog.
Hardware Reliability Test Manager
What You Will Be Doing
ChargePoint is looking for a creative and versatile Reliability Test Technician to help ensure that our EV Charging stations meet all internal and external performance and reliability requirements.
This Test Technician will participate in establishing ChargePoint’s quality and reliability requirements, carry out all types of standard testing, design and implement new test methods and equipment.
To succeed, the technician must have both strong hands-on skills, and be able to thrive in a rapidly evolving company and marketplace.
- Implement reliability and validation test plans for all aspects, (Mechanical, Electrical and cosmetic) of our EV chargers and subsystems during development phases: functional, life cycle, thermal, environmental, stress, and transportation/packaging
- Establish appropriate ongoing reliability test criteria, methods, and equipment for sustaining products, and evaluate test results
- Review partner and supplier test results and run additional testing, if required on components, systems, and packaging
- Help define test facility and equipment requirements
- Build simple to moderately complex test fixtures
- Establish internal test standards and methods for all aspects of EV chargers: cables, enclosures, labels and finishes, PCBAs, etc.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in product validation, environmental and reliability testing
- A wide range of experience designing and implementing tests for mechanical and electronic products
- Experience testing 240-480VAC and 500-1000VDC products strongly preferred
- Current knowledge of industry standards for consumer and industrial products
- Knowledge of EV charging standards a plus
Please choose San Jose, CA
ChargePoint is committed to fair and equitable compensation practices.
The targeted US salary range for roles at this operating level is $50,000 to $95,750. This range represents base salary and does not reflect equity, benefits or variable pay where applicable. Actual base salaries are based on several factors unique to each candidate, including but not limited to skill set, experience, certifications and specific work location.
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse team. ChargePoint is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
If there is a match between your experiences/skills and the Company needs, we will contact you directly.
ChargePoint is an equal opportunity employer.
Applicants only – Recruiting agencies do not contact.