With electric vehicles expected to be nearly 30% of new vehicle sales by 2025 and more than 50% by 2040, electric mobility is becoming a reality. ChargePoint (NYSE: CHPT) is at the center of this revolution, powering one of the world’s leading EV charging networks and a comprehensive set of hardware, software and mobile solutions for every charging need across North America and Europe. We bring together drivers, businesses, automakers, policymakers, utilities and other stakeholders to make e-mobility a global reality.
Since our founding in 2007, ChargePoint has focused solely on making the transition to electric easy for businesses, fleets and drivers. ChargePoint offers a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to create an all-electric future and a trillion-dollar market.
Join the team that is building the EV charging industry and make your mark on how people and goods will get everywhere they need to go, in any context, for generations to come.
Discover what it’s like to help build the fueling network of the future – check out our Engineering Blog.
Manager of Manufacturing Test Engineering
What You Will Be Doing
ChargePoint is looking for an experienced Test Engineer to extend our team at the contract manufacturer site to help with the set-up, operation and maintenance of ChargePoint defined and provided test equipment in Mexico (Monterey & Guadalajara). This engineer will also be responsible for reviewing daily test failures, analyzing and debugging failures, providing debug guidance to the CM techs and engineers, implementing, and debugging new test programs and evaluating test coverage of CM defined tests at board level as well as assembly/system level. This role requires an engineer who is self-driven, and highly motivated to gain in-depth knowledge of ChargePoint’s products and test processes. He or she will be ChargePoint’s first line of defense in ensuring that products leaving the factory are defect free.
What You Will Bring to ChargePoint
- Experience working on and debugging high power AC/DC equipment, power supplies, inverters, 3-phase systems and transformers.
- Ensure ongoing functionality of all ChargePoint test equipment in the factory – fixtures, test equipment, computers, chambers, and carts
- Verify that the CM is carrying out preventive maintenance and calibration as required
- Evaluate equipment failures, manage spare parts inventory and repairs
- Daily tracking of test failures including categorizing them to root cause
- Escalate new and unresolved test and failure issues and risks to the ChargePoint Quality and TE teams
- Provide CM with suggested debug process for all failures at ChargePoint testers – keep this updated as new failures occur
- Provide 2nd level support to CM debug techs when necessary; escalate to other cross-functional teams as required
- Feedback into quality and test teams to correct product defects, test station and process issues
- Record and track to root cause and resolution, each failure on key ChargePoint tests – Functional, Hipot, and System test as specified
- Facilities preparations, ship/receive, installation, validation and training for new (NPI related) test systems
- Periodic monitoring of test data for statistical trends to detect component, manufacturing and measurement system changes occurring through their lifecycles
- Work with CM and CP test engineers to validate new test equipment, review coverage reports, gauge R&R and release new test stations to the CM.
- Bachelors or associates degree in engineering or related technical field or extensive industry experience
- 5-10 years of industry experience
- Experience working in an EMS facility and directing technicians and operators
- Ability to write, analyze, and debug test scripts written in LabView, python (or similar languages)
- Ability to read circuit schematics and to debug PCBA and electro-mechanical systems
- Experienced user of electronic test equipment such as bed of nails fixtures, power supplies and signal acquisition devices as well as RF
- test equipment
- Experienced with configuring and maintaining custom test systems (HW and SW)
- Willingness to travel domestically and internationally up to 20% of the time
- Written and spoken Spanish and English proficiency a must. Please apply with resume/CV in English
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse team. ChargePoint is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
If there is a match between your experiences/skills and the Company needs, we will contact you directly.
ChargePoint is an equal opportunity employer.
Applicants only – Recruiting agencies do not contact.