With electric vehicles (EV's) expected to be 25% of new vehicle sales by 2025 and more than 50% by 2040, electric mobility is becoming a reality. ChargePoint is at the center of this revolution, powering the world’s leading EV charging network and most complete set of hardware, software and mobile solutions for every EV charging need. We bring together drivers, businesses, automakers, policymakers, utilities and other stakeholders to make e-mobility a reality globally.
Our fanatical focus on charging and 10+ years in business has made us an industry leader. Supported by $538 million from investors including American Electric Power, Canada Pension Plan Investment Board, Chevron Technology Ventures, Clearvision, Daimler Trucks & Buses, GIC, Quantum Energy Partners, BMW i Ventures, Braemar Energy Ventures, Linse Capital, and Siemens, ChargePoint offers a once-in-a-lifetime chance to be part of creating an all-electric future and a trillion-dollar market. Join the team that is building the EV charging industry and make your mark on how people and goods will get everywhere they need to go, in any context, for generations to come.
Senior Legal Counsel
What You Will Be Doing
As ChargePoint's legal counsel, you should understand the company's business processes to negotiate contracts appropriately and ensure compliance with local law. Legal research, risk mitigation advice, and also cross-departmental internal counseling are among your main responsibilities.
- Review, draft, negotiate, analyze, and revise corporate and commercial documents, including a variety of contracts with strategic partners, software-as-a-service license agreements, purchase and sale agreements, public tenders, service contracts, statements of work, and confidentiality agreements
- Developing creative solutions to meet the legal and business objectives of the client and ChargePoint to reach mutual agreement
- Advising on risk mitigation and anticipated or actual disputes
- Advising various internal departments on the development and introduction of new products, contractual terms and conditions, and impact on business operations
- Respond to requests for legal input related to bid requests Competent, ethical and diligent representation of ChargePoint.
- Completed Austrian, Swiss or German law studies required
- 4 years of experience as a lawyer in drafting, analyzing and negotiating contracts
- Experience working in an international company an advantage
- Ability to localize a variety of legal agreements and identify requirements for further expansion of the company
- Expertise in commercial terms and data protection
- Ability to negotiate with commercial and strategic partners
- Strong familiarity with corporate and commercial law required
- Familiarity with SaaS-based contracts a plus
- Excellent verbal communication skills in German and English
- Excellent legal writing and drafting skills
- Financial acumen and ability to understand the business implications of contract language
- Ability to juggle multiple contracts and negotiations and work under tight deadlines
Munich, Germany or Radstadt, Austria
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse team. ChargePoint is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
If there is a match between your experiences/skills and the Company needs, we will contact you directly.
ChargePoint is an equal opportunity employer.
Applicants only – Recruiting agencies do not contact.