With electric vehicles (EVs) expected to be nearly 30% of new vehicle sales by 2025 and more than 50% by 2040, electric mobility is becoming a reality. ChargePoint is at the center of this revolution, powering one of the world’s leading EV charging networks and a comprehensive set of hardware, software and mobile solutions for every charging need. We bring together drivers, businesses, automakers, policymakers, utilities and other stakeholders to make e-mobility a global reality.
Since our founding in 2007, ChargePoint has focused solely on EV charging and established a business model that's been validated by more than a decade in business and thousands of customers. As now a public company, we remain focused on broadening our market leadership and building on years of innovation. ChargePoint offers a once-in-a-lifetime chance to build our all-electric future and dominate a trillion-dollar market.
Join the team that is building the EV charging industry and make your mark on how people and goods will get everywhere they need to go, in any context, for generations to come.
Discover what it’s like to help build the fueling network of the future – check out our Engineering Blog.
What You Will Be Doing
In this (remote) role as Intern Fleet Sales Bus & Truck you will be a true pioneer and an important part of ChargePoint’s exciting growth phase of Software Managed Charging Infrastructure for electric vehicles in Europe. UK will be your base and playground. Here you can use your consultative sales skills to develop new customers and gaining market experiences. Looking at current market developments and upcoming projects in the Bus Transportation and Logistic sector and making pre sales calls are a big part of your job. It's also about making sure we're always getting in touch with our (new) clients and providing them with the perfect solution for their specific needs. Being a part of ChargePoint means that you get freedom to take initiatives, but you also need to be able to quickly adapt to new situations and sales needs and implement what you have learned. Your position will contribute to the exponential growth ChargePoint Fleet Bus & Truck in Europe.
What You Will Bring to ChargePoint
- Market research in eBus and eTruck segment for UK
- Screening of upcoming projects and tenders for charging infrastructure
- Pre Sales activities and first contacts to potential customers
- Development of project opportunities in focus region
- Collaborating with our Fleet Sales Manager in Europe
- Conducting and participating in conferences, exhibitions and webinars
- Building long lasting client relationships
- Consultative customer meetings with accurate understanding and grasping of customer needs
- Creating solution architectures that fit the customer environment
- Coordinate and conduct demos and training sessions
- Working closely with internal teams such as marketing and product management
- Tender coordination
- Maintaining accurate records and vital sales information in our CRM
- Bachelor / Master Student in Engineering, Economics, Marketing, Business administration or comparable field
- Strong technical understanding and willingness to learn
- Very good communication skills in German and English
- Knowledge and enthusiasm in the topics: electric mobility, charging infrastructure, digitalization, cloud software and telematic systems
- High, intrinsic motivation and commitment
- Confident appearance, strong communication skills and assertiveness
- Strong customer and service orientation
- Residence in Germany (location flexible)
- Willingness to travel up to 20% of the time
Reading or Remote
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse team. ChargePoint is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
If there is a match between your experiences/skills and the Company needs, we will contact you directly.
ChargePoint is an equal opportunity employer.
Applicants only – Recruiting agencies do not contact.