With electric vehicles (EVs) expected to be nearly 30% of new vehicle sales by 2025 and more than 50% by 2040, electric mobility is becoming a reality. ChargePoint is at the center of this revolution, powering one of the world’s leading EV charging networks and a comprehensive set of hardware, software and mobile solutions for every charging need. We bring together drivers, businesses, automakers, policymakers, utilities and other stakeholders to make e-mobility a global reality.
Since our founding in 2007, ChargePoint has focused solely on EV charging and established a business model that's been validated by more than a decade in business and thousands of customers. As now a public company, we remain focused on broadening our market leadership and building on years of innovation. ChargePoint offers a once-in-a-lifetime chance to build our all-electric future and dominate a trillion-dollar market.
Join the team that is building the EV charging industry and make your mark on how people and goods will get everywhere they need to go, in any context, for generations to come.
Discover what it’s like to help build the fueling network of the future – check out our Engineering Blog.
Director of Network Operations
What You Will Be Doing
ChargePoint is looking for an outstanding engineer interested in applying a broad skill set toward supporting cutting-edge firmware for a next-generation vehicle charging platform. You will work on implementation, testing, and supporting embedded firmware on ARM-based microprocessors controlling high-power electronics.
- Support embedded firmware for the control of high-power electronics.
- Collaborate cross-functionally across geographies with hardware, system, and cloud engineering teams to define and implement specifications, features, and APIs.
- Support code for embedded software and identify bugs and shortcomings
- Participate in all phases of development, from design to implementation, testing, and release
- Help trace public-facing bugs and issues via code-review, unit testing, and log analysis
- Triage production issues and help customer support and engineering teams with debugging field issues
- Propose methods of process flow optimization, code enhancements, and reduce ambiguity
- Good communication skills across teams
- Understanding of IoT architecture and principles
- 2+ years of experience in developing or supporting embedded software using C/C++.
- Experience supporting Linux and bare-metal systems.
- FreeRTOS experience is a plus.
- Experience with software build tools, source control systems, and data management tools, namely gcc, git, Confluence, and JIRA.
- Proactive, communicative self-starter comfortable working in a geographically diverse team environment.
- Ability to work effectively in an Agile development model and complete tasks/projects with minimal supervision.
Gurgaon, India (Remote can also be the option)
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse team. ChargePoint is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
If there is a match between your experiences/skills and the Company needs, we will contact you directly.
ChargePoint is an equal opportunity employer.
Applicants only – Recruiting agencies do not contact.