- Full Time
With electric vehicles expected to be nearly 30% of new vehicle sales by 2025 and more than 50% by 2040, electric mobility is becoming a reality. ChargePoint (NYSE: CHPT) is at the center of this revolution, powering one of the world’s leading EV charging networks and a comprehensive set of hardware, software and mobile solutions for every charging need across North America and Europe. We bring together drivers, businesses, automakers, policymakers, utilities and other stakeholders to make e-mobility a global reality.
Since our founding in 2007, ChargePoint has focused solely on making the transition to electric easy for businesses, fleets and drivers. ChargePoint offers a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to create an all-electric future and a trillion-dollar market.
Join the team that is building the EV charging industry and make your mark on how people and goods will get everywhere they need to go, in any context, for generations to come.
Discover what it’s like to help build the fueling network of the future – check out our Engineering Blog.
Reports To: Vice President, Technical Operations
Title: Director, Supplier Development & Quality Engineering
What You Will Be Doing
ChargePoint is looking for a Senior Supplier Development & Quality leader to ensure the quality of our custom mechanical and electronic components. This engineer will be involved in all aspects of part quality from the initial design phase through sustaining mass production. He or she will work closely with our Product design, Manufacturing Engineering and Quality teams, as well our suppliers and contract manufacturers. To be successful at ChargePoint this person must be highly motivated, self-directed, and comfortable working in a loosely structured and fast-paced environment.
- All aspects of Supplier Development & Quality on custom mechanical and electro-mechanical parts and subassemblies, cables, and semi-custom modules and assemblies
- Participate in advance quality activities such as: DFM, vendor selection, establishing quality criteria and goals, FMEA/PFMEA, and defining validation and reliability test requirements
- Perform quality and process audits of new and current suppliers
- Perform Mfg. Engineering duties as required, such as resolving mfg. process issues at supplier factories and creating ECOs
- Work with suppliers on collection and analysis of their quality and yield data, and present this data at cross functional ChargePoint meetings
- Work with suppliers to define and implement in-process and out-going quality control processes
- Define and implement IQC processes for materials received at ChargePoint and at our manufacturing and logistics partners
- Work with suppliers and ChargePoint test engineers on root cause analysis of factory and field failures resulting from supply quality issues
- Lead cross-functional teams to define and implement corrective actions and rework activities as required to address supply quality issues
What You Will Bring to ChargePoint
- Qualifications and Desired Skills:
- Minimum B.S. (M.S. preferred) in Mechanical, Electrical, or Industrial Engineering or related field
- Minimum 5 years’ experience working in mfg. engineering, quality engineering and/or quality management roles
- Experience with Lean or Six Sigma programs and Statistical Quality Control processes.
- Solid knowledge of mechanical and cosmetic quality concepts and methodologies.
- Experience in developing and implementing measurement and inspection processes, tools, fixtures, and gages.
- Solid understanding of and experience applying problem solving tools including root cause analysis, statistical tools and processes, and design of experiments.
- Knowledge of and experience with custom mechanical part, electro-mechanical sub-assembly and cable mfg. processes such as: injection molding, die casting, extrusion, sheet-metal, and cable assembly, as well as finishing processes such as painting, anodizing, and polishing.
- Ability to clearly summarize quality data and trends and to create reports and presentations for all levels of internal audiences.
- Willingness to travel domestically and internationally:up to 25% of the time.
- Certified Quality Engineer (CQE) (preferred)
ChargePoint is committed to fair and equitable compensation practices.
The targeted US salary range for roles at this operating level is $147,500 to $202,500. This range represents base salary and does not reflect equity, benefits or variable pay where applicable. Actual base salaries are based on several factors unique to each candidate, including but not limited to skill set, experience, certifications and specific work location.
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse team. ChargePoint is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
If there is a match between your experiences/skills and the Company needs, we will contact you directly.
ChargePoint is an equal opportunity employer.
Applicants only – Recruiting agencies do not contact.