With electric vehicles expected to be nearly 30% of new vehicle sales by 2025 and more than 50% by 2040, electric mobility is becoming a reality. ChargePoint (NYSE: CHPT) is at the center of this revolution, powering one of the world’s leading EV charging networks and a comprehensive set of hardware, software and mobile solutions for every charging need across North America and Europe. We bring together drivers, businesses, automakers, policymakers, utilities and other stakeholders to make e-mobility a global reality.
Since our founding in 2007, ChargePoint has focused solely on making the transition to electric easy for businesses, fleets and drivers. ChargePoint offers a once-in-a-lifetime chance to be part of creating an all-electric future and a trillion-dollar market.
Join the team that is building the EV charging industry and make your mark on how people and goods will get everywhere they need to go, in any context, for generations to come.
Senior Accounts Receivable Manager
What You Will Be Doing
- Performance must reflect appropriate level of expertise and achievement of the desired results for the items listed below.
- Review and understand financial statement to improve cash flow, decrease past dues, and establish credit limits with assigned parameters
- Interface with sales personnel to streamline customer credit and cash flow related issues
- Communicate effectively, professionally, and legally with external and internal contacts regarding credit accounts Identify, report, and assist in solving credit issues on key customers
- Liaise with customers effectively, execute collection activities and deliver result within expectation, reconcile daily/monthly AR balance with customer records, address delinquent payments & discrepancies promptly.
- Communicate to the Credit Manager on difficult credit assessment cases with details and recommended action
- Manage special projects assigned by the Credit Manager
What You Will Bring to ChargePoint
- Resourceful Achiever: Self-motivated and proactive, ability to work under pressure and multi-task to meet aggressive time schedule & flexible to try new approaches and creatively solve problems
- Avid Learner: You thrive with challenges, seek continuous growth and improvement, and seek data to prove your hypotheses
- Devoted Professional: You are diligent and deliberate in your work, leveraging your expertise to deliver results without ego
- Thoughtful Collaborator: You build relationships across teams, offering help and welcoming ideas from others to drive work forward in an inclusive manner
- a. bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance or a related field
- 3+ years’ experience in credit assessment, and related accounting experience including
- Financial business acumen as demonstrated by previous work experience
- Ability to work independently and present solutions to issues
- Basic knowledge of sales, accounting, credit and collections, financial statement analysis.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong people skills. Ability to communicate in a clear, articulately, efficiently, and professionally
in oral and written
- Microsoft Office, emphasis in Excel, Word, and Pivot.
- Preferred experience with enterprise systems (NetSuite, Sales Force, Avalara and etc.)
- Flexibility with hours. For remote candidate, requires PST shift.
- German or French language is a plus.
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse team. ChargePoint is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
If there is a match between your experiences/skills and the Company needs, we will contact you directly.
ChargePoint is an equal opportunity employer.
Applicants only – Recruiting agencies do not contact.