With electric vehicles (EVs) expected to be nearly 30% of new vehicle sales by 2025 and more than 50% by 2040, electric mobility is becoming a reality. ChargePoint is at the center of this revolution, powering one of the world’s leading EV charging networks and a comprehensive set of hardware, software and mobile solutions for every charging need. We bring together drivers, businesses, automakers, policymakers, utilities and other stakeholders to make e-mobility a global reality.
Since our founding in 2007, ChargePoint has focused solely on EV charging and established a business model that's been validated by more than a decade in business and thousands of customers. As now a public company, we remain focused on broadening our market leadership and building on years of innovation. ChargePoint offers a once-in-a-lifetime chance to build our all-electric future and dominate a trillion-dollar market.
Join the team that is building the EV charging industry and make your mark on how people and goods will get everywhere they need to go, in any context, for generations to come.
Discover what it’s like to help build the fueling network of the future – check out our Engineering Blog.
ChargePoint is seeking Construction Project Manager, who will be responsible for accelerating ChargePoint’s success in the construction and deployment of electric vehicle charging sites primarily in North America. This is a mid-level position reporting directly to the Senior Director of Construction. This role will work closely with the CP Engineering and Product teams cross functionally, as well as driving strategic projects from design all the way through construction and activation. The position is measured by the support and leadership in achieving all agreed upon project milestones for the assigned portfolio relating to construction, deployment, and infrastructure projects.
What You Will Be Doing, Coordinating, and Managing
- Coordinate and perform site walks to guide cost effective and expedient site builds
• Coordinate and manage construction contractors. This includes cost negotiation, contract management, communication and coordination of project activities. Scheduled weekly meetings and diligent follow-ups are required to ensure construction related activities advance at all locations
• Coordinate and manage relationships with key contracts at partnering electric utilities. Scheduled weekly meetings and diligent follow-ups are required to ensure utility activities advance at all locations
• Evaluate site host properties for the proper placement of EV chargers, considering factors such as site host preferences, where electricity is distributed onto the property, how close electrical supply is to areas under consideration for EV charger installation, availability of enough power needed for product installation, Accessibility requirements etc.
• Work with ChargePoint’s sales operations, accounting, and purchasing teams to provide vendors with purchase orders and manage shipment of materials
• Conduct engineering and construction coordination activities (i.e. construction meetings, corporate meetings) to ensure consistent deliverables and aligned expectations for all parties
• Record and track project milestones to ensure installs are completed in a timely manner
• Coordinate with internal team and external contractors/engineers to review, approve and execute any change orders for charger installations
• Ensure that all contractors deliver to ChargePoint’s strict standards for quality, safety and professionalism
• Maintain project schedules by coordinating between site host, subcontractors, and utility planners
• Expedite project close-out requirements including approval on as-built drawings, design revisions, and rough underground/electrical
• Provide the project team with feedback to help improve processes and follow through to implement those improvements
• This role requires up to 50% of travel in western U.S
What You Will Bring to ChargePoint
• 7+ years’ experience in project management, preferably with electrical and civil infrastructure deployment on commercial properties
• Understanding of AC/DC power profiles, transformer equipment, mechanical diagrams, construction drawings, and permit packages
• Passion for craftsmanship with a strong attention to detail
• Ability to travel with little to no notice • A diligent reporter that takes time to document activities with a proficiency using tracking tools such as, Excel, MS Project, SiteTracker, etc. and/or other project tracking tools
• Proven ability to converse with and persuade stakeholders at all levels of management
• Ability to speak and write clearly, accurately and efficiently
- Effective listening skills, ensuring the site host/customer needs are clearly understood and charging stations are placed in locations that meet site host and program requirements, while also ensuring construction will happen within program budgets
• Resourcefulness in solving problems
• Superior professionalism and judgment with a strong work ethic
• Civil or electrical engineering degree desired, preferably related to construction, civil engineering, or electrical design
• Knowledge of electric vehicles and charging dynamics is preferred but not required
• Excellent people skills and an positive and enthusiastic attitude
• Strong organizational skills and keen attention to detail
• Strong computer skills
Campbell, CA, or US, Remote
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse team. ChargePoint is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
If there is a match between your experiences/skills and the Company needs, we will contact you directly.
ChargePoint is an equal opportunity employer.
Applicants only – Recruiting agencies do not contact.