- Full Time
Who We Are
Aurora (Nasdaq: AUR) is delivering the benefits of self-driving technology safely, quickly, and broadly. Founded in 2017 by experts in the self-driving industry, Aurora is revolutionizing transportation – making it safer, increasingly accessible, and more reliable and efficient than ever before. Its flagship product, the Aurora Driver, is a platform that brings together software, hardware, and data services, to autonomously operate passenger vehicles, light commercial vehicles, and heavy-duty trucks. Aurora is partnered with industry leaders across the transportation ecosystem including Toyota, Volvo, PACCAR, Uber, Uber Freight, FedEx, and U.S. Xpress. Aurora tests its vehicles in the Bay Area, Pittsburgh, and Texas and has offices in those areas as well as in Bozeman, MT; Seattle, WA; Louisville, CO; and Detroit, MI. To learn more, visit www.aurora.tech.
Aurora hires talented people with diverse backgrounds who are ready to help build a transportation ecosystem that will make our roads safer, get crucial goods where they need to go, and make mobility more efficient and accessible for all. We are searching for a Night Shift Vehicle Operations Lead based in Dallas, Texas. This person will work closely with a multidisciplinary team in operations, supporting initiatives around optimization and efficiency. This role lives in vehicle operations and reports directly to the Operations Manager; working closely with representatives in the organization and within software and hardware. This role is highly organized, mission driven, and possesses excellent communication with a complete understanding of risk analysis and management.
In this role, you will
- Lead a team of operators (both commercial trucks and passenger vehicles)
- Lead with empathy and establish an inspired safety culture for all in-vehicle teams
- Lead by example and successfully collaborate cross functionally, with a “Win Together” mindset
- Develop and drive your team by building on individual strengths and opportunities, to ensure continuous growth and development
- Document and deliver constructive and positive performance feedback to your direct reports regularly, through 1:1s
- Follow all Aurora policies and adhere to the Vehicle Operations Manual
- Understand all major Aurora initiatives and programs, with the intention of communicating essential information to your team of direct reports
- Act as POC for key Vehicle Operations projects and offer regular updates to the leadership team
- Interact with the public as an ambassador for Aurora
- Become certified as a Vehicle Operator to support excess in-vehicle testing and to better understand the day to day of direct reports.
- Safety focused
- Ability to lead by example, and motivate teams.
- Experience working in a collaborative environment.
- Valid U.S. driver’s license with at least 5 years of driving history and a clean driving record, validated by MVR check
- Comfortable with travel for up to one month at a time, up to 30% of your time
- Must pass initial and random drug and alcohol screenings
- Available to work day or night shifts
- Ability to work early mornings or late nights, on rotating shifts
- Ability to work regular overtime and some weekends
- 1+ years experience as people manager, with focus on growth and development
- Experience making schedules, managing vacation requests, and setting goals for self and others
- Solid written and verbal communication skills with ability to adjust for audience
- Intermediate technical aptitude and ability to learn new software applications and processes
- The ability to operate independently when given prior clear direction
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to prioritize testing deliverables and assignments, with the goal of driving efficiency gains through process improvement.
The base salary range for this position is $63,000-$95,000 per year. Aurora’s pay ranges are determined by role, level, and location. Within the range, the successful candidate’s starting base pay will be determined based on factors including job-related skills, experience, qualifications, relevant education or training, and market conditions. These ranges may be modified in the future. The successful candidate will also be eligible for an annual bonus, equity compensation, and benefits.
Working at Aurora
At Aurora, we bring together people with extraordinary talent and experience united by the strength of our values. We operate with integrity, set outrageous goals, and continue to build a culture where we win together—all without any jerks.
We have offices in 8+ locations across the United States. We offer a competitive benefits package to qualifying employees. Our Career Page includes everything you need to know about working at Aurora.
At the core of everything we do is our commitment to safety. Building best-in-class self-driving technology will take time, and we believe that each employee at Aurora has a role in contributing to safety, every step of the way. Aurora expects commitment to our safety policies from every employee, and seeks candidates who take an active responsibility, can contribute to building an atmosphere of trust, and invest in the organization’s long-term success by prioritizing working safely, no matter what.
We believe that self-driving technology has broad benefits – including an increase in safety and access to transportation – and to achieve those benefits, we want and need a workforce with diverse experiences, insights, and perspectives; said another way, a workforce that reflects the communities and people our technology will benefit. You can find all the latest news on our Blog
Individuals seeking employment at Aurora are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy status, parent or caregiver status, ancestry, political affiliation, veteran and/or military status, physical or mental disability, or any other status protected by federal or state law.