Who We Are
Aurora (Nasdaq: AUR) is delivering the benefits of self-driving technology safely, quickly, and broadly. Founded in 2017 by experts in the self-driving industry, Aurora is revolutionizing transportation – making it safer, increasingly accessible, and more reliable and efficient than ever before. Its flagship product, the Aurora Driver, is a platform that brings together software, hardware, and data services, to autonomously operate passenger vehicles, light commercial vehicles, and heavy-duty trucks. Aurora is partnered with industry leaders across the transportation ecosystem including Toyota, Volvo, PACCAR, Uber, Uber Freight, FedEx, and U.S. Xpress. Aurora tests its vehicles in the Bay Area, Pittsburgh, and Texas and has offices in those areas as well as in Bozeman, MT; Seattle, WA; Louisville, CO; and Detroit, MI. To learn more, visit www.aurora.tech.
Aurora hires talented people with diverse backgrounds who are ready to help build a transportation ecosystem that will make our roads safer, get crucial goods where they need to go, and make mobility more efficient and accessible for all. We’re searching for a System Application Engineer.
In this role, you will:
- Design and build tools & services required to enable Aurora’s Testing organization to perform their core responsibilities.
- Build highly scalable, robust, and fault-tolerant services that support our unique rate-of-growth requirements.
- You will be instrumental in automating processes, streamlining test and evaluation workflows through tools, and accelerating the Testing organization’s ability to rapidly and accurately provide signal to the rest of the organization.
- Increase the confidence in our deployments by writing tests, contributing to reliability frameworks, and finding automation opportunities.
- Collaborate and integrate with test management and cloud infrastructure teams and systems.
- Work with your teammates to establish new technologies and approaches to frontend and backend development.
- Work across a diverse team of frontend/backend engineers, product management,UX designers, system engineers, test engineers, simulation engineers, autonomy developers, and other internal customers.
- You will work across rapidly changing environments and with cross functional teams to help bring Aurora's driver to market safely, quickly, and broadly.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or related discipline preferred
- 6+ years of professional experience in a software development field
- Experience building full stack web applications — everything from back-ends in golang to web front-ends using React and Redux
- Extensive experience working with Python.
- A passion for talking to customers, figuring out their real needs, and iterating quickly.
- Experience writing effective technical spec, translating technical concepts into lay terms, and incorporating feedback into your efforts.
- Experience in the field of Autonomous Vehicles.
- Familiarity with core testing concepts, preferably in technical applications.
- Experience working with C++ applications.
- Experience with TypeScript.
- Experience working with component-based UI libraries for building single-page applications; we use React.
- Experience with gRPC and other web communication standards.
- Familiarity with evaluating open source software tools and frameworks.
Working at Aurora
At Aurora, we bring together people with extraordinary talent and experience united by the strength of our values. We operate with integrity, set outrageous goals, and continue to build a culture where we win together—all without any jerks.
We have offices in 8+ locations across the United States. We offer a competitive benefits package to qualifying employees. Our Career Page includes everything you need to know about working at Aurora.
At the core of everything we do is our commitment to safety. Building best-in-class self-driving technology will take time, and we believe that each employee at Aurora has a role in contributing to safety, every step of the way. Aurora expects commitment to our safety policies from every employee, and seeks candidates who take an active responsibility, can contribute to building an atmosphere of trust, and invest in the organization’s long-term success by prioritizing working safely, no matter what.
We believe that self-driving technology has broad benefits – including an increase in safety and access to transportation – and to achieve those benefits, we want and need a workforce with diverse experiences, insights, and perspectives; said another way, a workforce that reflects the communities and people our technology will benefit. You can find all the latest news on our Blog
Individuals seeking employment at Aurora are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy status, parent or caregiver status, ancestry, political affiliation, veteran and/or military status, physical or mental disability, or any other status protected by federal or state law.