Who We Are
Aurora (Nasdaq: AUR) is delivering the benefits of self-driving technology safely, quickly, and broadly. Founded in 2017 by experts in the self-driving industry, Aurora is revolutionizing transportation – making it safer, increasingly accessible, and more reliable and efficient than ever before. Its flagship product, the Aurora Driver, is a platform that brings together software, hardware, and data services, to autonomously operate passenger vehicles, light commercial vehicles, and heavy-duty trucks. Aurora is partnered with industry leaders across the transportation ecosystem including Toyota, Volvo, PACCAR, Uber, Uber Freight, FedEx, and U.S. Xpress. Aurora tests its vehicles in the Bay Area, Pittsburgh, and Texas and has offices in those areas as well as in Bozeman, MT; Seattle, WA; Louisville, CO; and Detroit, MI. To learn more, visit www.aurora.tech.
Aurora hires talented people with diverse backgrounds who are ready to help build a transportation ecosystem that will make our roads safer, get crucial goods where they need to go, and make mobility more efficient and accessible for all. We’re searching for a Sr Software Engineer – Embedded Applications
In this role, you will
- Own the development of key software tools for performing firmware updates, monitoring device data, and configuring embedded devices
- Collaborate with external teams to build critical hardware testing frameworks for verifying firmware functionality, fault management capabilities, incoming quality control, and embedded device reliability.
- Develop critical continuous integration infrastructure for automating repeatable builds, test and release jobs for embedded firmware teams.
- Create visualization tools for analyzing embedded device performance, debugging hardware and software failures, and tracking device reliability.
- Build highly reliable and secure communication libraries leveraged by teams across the organization for messaging embedded devices.
- BS, MS, or PhD in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field
- 5-7 years of professional experience
- Excellent C++ and Python software design and programming skills; expertise in other languages welcome
- Linux fundamentals and system architecture knowledge
- Experience with Hardware in the Loop systems, continuous integration build systems, developer productivity, and developer tools
- Experience with robotics or sensor hardware (lidar, camera, radar)
- Experience working with embedded devices and general automotive network systems (Ethernet, CAN, etc)
- Experience with PTP and other Time Sensitive Networking Protocols
The base salary range for this position is $168,000 – $252,000 per year. Aurora’s pay ranges are determined by role, level, and location. Within the range, the successful candidate’s starting base pay will be determined based on factors including job-related skills, experience, qualifications, relevant education or training, and market conditions. These ranges may be modified in the future. The successful candidate will also be eligible for an annual bonus, equity compensation, and benefits.
Working at Aurora
At Aurora, we bring together people with extraordinary talent and experience united by the strength of our values. We operate with integrity, set outrageous goals, and continue to build a culture where we win together—all without any jerks.
We have offices in 8+ locations across the United States. We offer a competitive benefits package to qualifying employees. Our Career Page includes everything you need to know about working at Aurora.
At the core of everything we do is our commitment to safety. Building best-in-class self-driving technology will take time, and we believe that each employee at Aurora has a role in contributing to safety, every step of the way. Aurora expects commitment to our safety policies from every employee, and seeks candidates who take an active responsibility, can contribute to building an atmosphere of trust, and invest in the organization’s long-term success by prioritizing working safely, no matter what.
We believe that self-driving technology has broad benefits – including an increase in safety and access to transportation – and to achieve those benefits, we want and need a workforce with diverse experiences, insights, and perspectives; said another way, a workforce that reflects the communities and people our technology will benefit. You can find all the latest news on our Blog
Individuals seeking employment at Aurora are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy status, parent or caregiver status, ancestry, political affiliation, veteran and/or military status, physical or mental disability, or any other status protected by federal or state law.