Who We Are
Aurora (Nasdaq: AUR) is delivering the benefits of self-driving technology safely, quickly, and broadly. Founded in 2017 by experts in the self-driving industry, Aurora is revolutionizing transportation – making it safer, increasingly accessible, and more reliable and efficient than ever before. Its flagship product, the Aurora Driver, is a platform that brings together software, hardware, and data services, to autonomously operate passenger vehicles, light commercial vehicles, and heavy-duty trucks. Aurora is partnered with industry leaders across the transportation ecosystem including Toyota, Volvo, PACCAR, Uber, Uber Freight, FedEx, and U.S. Xpress. Aurora tests its vehicles in the Bay Area, Pittsburgh, and Texas and has offices in those areas as well as in Bozeman, MT; Seattle, WA; Louisville, CO; and Detroit, MI. To learn more, visit www.aurora.tech.
Aurora hires talented people with diverse backgrounds who are ready to help build a transportation ecosystem that will make our roads safer, get crucial goods where they need to go, and make mobility more efficient and accessible for all. Aurora Beacon is a software platform built to power reliable and scalable self-driving vehicle fleet operations. Beacon can seamlessly integrate with partners and use it as a value prop to Aurora’s business model. We’re searching for a Senior Staff Product Manager to join Aurora’s Service Delivery team and assist with building the Beacon Product Management function.
In this role, you will
- Work with the Beacon Product Management team to design, develop and bring to market all of the software needed to run the Horizon product.
- Assist with establishing and driving Scrum Agile product management best practices within the team.
- Work within the framework of Epics, Features and stories.
- Help to create a vision and product strategy for what Beacon will be and the value it will create for the organization.
- Work closely with the Service Delivery sub-module leads, operations and our customers to determine what features are needed in Beacon and constantly receive feedback.
- Communicate with internal and external stakeholders on the vision, goals and progress of Beacon.
- Create clear road maps and hold the team accountable to delivering.
- Prioritize features and functionality in a manner than drives immediate and long-term value for the organization.
- Engineering or quantitative degree, with strong technical aptitude.
- Strong cross-functional leadership skills, ability to influence without authority, and excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with product development of complex integrated systems.
- Direct, measurable impact through the design, development and launch of groundbreaking products.
- Solid technical aptitude and an ability to understand technical designs, challenges and risks; ability to work closely with engineers.
- Strong experience in project management; practical familiarity with both Agile and Waterfall methodologies and ability to apply them where best suited.
- Knowledge of technical architectures, computer science, and software development lifecycle preferred.
- Work experience in the logistics or transportation industry.
- Understanding of the transportation industry, standard technology in the transportation industry and standard integrations.
- Experience building and deploying software products for the transportation industry.
The base salary range for this position is $177,000.00-$284,000.00 per year. Aurora’s pay ranges are determined by role, level, and location. Within the range, the successful candidate’s starting base pay will be determined based on factors including job-related skills, experience, qualifications, relevant education or training, and market conditions. These ranges may be modified in the future. The successful candidate will also be eligible for an annual bonus, equity compensation, and benefits.
Working at Aurora
At Aurora, we bring together people with extraordinary talent and experience united by the strength of our values. We operate with integrity, set outrageous goals, and continue to build a culture where we win together—all without any jerks.
We have offices in 8+ locations across the United States. We offer a competitive benefits package to qualifying employees. Our Career Page includes everything you need to know about working at Aurora.
At the core of everything we do is our commitment to safety. Building best-in-class self-driving technology will take time, and we believe that each employee at Aurora has a role in contributing to safety, every step of the way. Aurora expects commitment to our safety policies from every employee, and seeks candidates who take an active responsibility, can contribute to building an atmosphere of trust, and invest in the organization’s long-term success by prioritizing working safely, no matter what.
We believe that self-driving technology has broad benefits – including an increase in safety and access to transportation – and to achieve those benefits, we want and need a workforce with diverse experiences, insights, and perspectives; said another way, a workforce that reflects the communities and people our technology will benefit. You can find all the latest news on our Blog
Individuals seeking employment at Aurora are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy status, parent or caregiver status, ancestry, political affiliation, veteran and/or military status, physical or mental disability, or any other status protected by federal or state law.