Who We Are
Aurora (Nasdaq: AUR) is delivering the benefits of self-driving technology safely, quickly, and broadly. Founded in 2017 by experts in the self-driving industry, Aurora is revolutionizing transportation – making it safer, increasingly accessible, and more reliable and efficient than ever before. Its flagship product, the Aurora Driver, is a platform that brings together software, hardware, and data services, to autonomously operate passenger vehicles, light commercial vehicles, and heavy-duty trucks. Aurora is partnered with industry leaders across the transportation ecosystem including Toyota, Volvo, PACCAR, Uber, Uber Freight, FedEx, and U.S. Xpress. Aurora tests its vehicles in the Bay Area, Pittsburgh, and Texas and has offices in those areas as well as in Bozeman, MT; Seattle, WA; Louisville, CO; and Detroit, MI. To learn more, visit www.aurora.tech.
Aurora hires talented people with diverse backgrounds who are ready to help build a transportation ecosystem that will make our roads safer, get crucial goods where they need to go, and make mobility more efficient and accessible for all. We’re searching for a Senior Software Engineer
Aurora hires talented people with diverse backgrounds who are ready to help build a transportation ecosystem that will make our roads safer, get crucial goods where they need to go, and make mobility more efficient and accessible for all. We’re searching for a Senior Software Engineer to join Aurora’s Infrastructure Compute team. The Infrastructure Compute team is responsible for Aurora’s Supercomputer, Kubernetes platforms running all workload types (batch, long-running, stateful services), image registry, and MLOps infrastructure running KubeFlow
In this role, you will
- Design and develop large, distributed batch execution platform with a focus on scale, cost, and low latency workloads
- Responsible for design and development that further matures the company's Kubernetes platform running on AWS EKS
- Have the ability to shape Compute infrastructure powering model training/inference, long-running services, batch, and GPU workloads
- Collaborate and support teams across the Simulation, Autonomy, Systems Engineering, and Vehicle Platform groups
- Have the ability to shape Compute infrastructure from supporting the initial launch of autonomous trucks through commercialization
- Drive tactical and strategic technical decisions for the team
- Mentor team members and maintain engineering excellence
- BS/MS/PhD in Computer Science, Software Engineering or related field, or equivalent industry experience and 6+ years of experience as a software engineer.
- Experience with large-scale distributed systems
- Experience running large-scale container orchestration systems, high-performance computing, or distributed systems
- Experience in enterprise cloud computing at scale, using public cloud services like AWS, GCP or Azure
- Strong programming skills in modern languages like Golang, Python, C++, Java
- A passion for writing robust, intuitive, high-performance code
- Ability to navigate and work effectively in large codebases
- Strong software development background demonstrated by industry experience in production web, mobile, SaaS or cloud computing
- Experience in Big Data systems and/or relational databases
- Familiar with web application development
- Comfortable with Linux/other Unix environments
The base salary range for this position is $168,000.00-$252,000.00 per year. Aurora’s pay ranges are determined by role, level, and location. Within the range, the successful candidate’s starting base pay will be determined based on factors including job-related skills, experience, qualifications, relevant education or training, and market conditions. These ranges may be modified in the future. The successful candidate will also be eligible for an annual bonus, equity compensation, and benefits.
Working at Aurora
At Aurora, we bring together people with extraordinary talent and experience united by the strength of our values. We operate with integrity, set outrageous goals, and continue to build a culture where we win together—all without any jerks.
We have offices in 8+ locations across the United States. We offer a competitive benefits package to qualifying employees. Our Career Page includes everything you need to know about working at Aurora.
At the core of everything we do is our commitment to safety. Building best-in-class self-driving technology will take time, and we believe that each employee at Aurora has a role in contributing to safety, every step of the way. Aurora expects commitment to our safety policies from every employee, and seeks candidates who take an active responsibility, can contribute to building an atmosphere of trust, and invest in the organization’s long-term success by prioritizing working safely, no matter what.
We believe that self-driving technology has broad benefits – including an increase in safety and access to transportation – and to achieve those benefits, we want and need a workforce with diverse experiences, insights, and perspectives; said another way, a workforce that reflects the communities and people our technology will benefit. You can find all the latest news on our Blog
Individuals seeking employment at Aurora are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy status, parent or caregiver status, ancestry, political affiliation, veteran and/or military status, physical or mental disability, or any other status protected by federal or state law.