Who We Are
Aurora (Nasdaq: AUR) is delivering the benefits of self-driving technology safely, quickly, and broadly. Founded in 2017 by experts in the self-driving industry, Aurora is revolutionizing transportation – making it safer, increasingly accessible, and more reliable and efficient than ever before. Its flagship product, the Aurora Driver, is a platform that brings together software, hardware, and data services, to autonomously operate passenger vehicles, light commercial vehicles, and heavy-duty trucks. Aurora is partnered with industry leaders across the transportation ecosystem including Toyota, Volvo, PACCAR, Uber, Uber Freight, FedEx, and U.S. Xpress. Aurora tests its vehicles in the Bay Area, Pittsburgh, and Texas and has offices in those areas as well as in Bozeman, MT; Seattle, WA; Louisville, CO; and Detroit, MI. To learn more, visit www.aurora.tech.
Aurora hires talented people with diverse backgrounds who are ready to help build a transportation ecosystem that will make our roads safer, get crucial goods where they need to go, and make mobility more efficient and accessible for all. As the Product Management for Simulation Tools, you’ll be at the forefront of making self-driving vehicles a reality. You will be responsible for delivering simulation capabilities that facilitate the development and validation of self-driving capabilities. This role will work with our Simulation team and across the autonomy stack with multiple engineering teams, including Motion Planning, Perception, Localization and Maps to ensure Autonomy capabilities are developed efficiently, comprehensively and validated to a high standard of safety.
This is a mission-critical and high visibility role. Leaders across the organization will look to this PM to drive simulation-first behavior across Autonomy development.
In this role, you will
- Onboard every system to a simulation test environment.
- Work closely with various simulation technology and tool teams to build and deliver comprehensive testing and validation of the Aurora Driver.
- Develop ways to efficiently create simulations based on on-road events as well as synthetically create new events.
- Create organization frameworks for simulations that enable the team to move quickly and visualize progress / catch bugs early.
- Define success metrics for self-driving requirements and how they map into testing, validation, and safety case activities & evidence.
- Develop and cultivate strong relationships with partners & stakeholders.
- Communicate team’s strategy, roadmap, plans, and priorities to stakeholders and leadership.
- 5+ years of Product Management experience.
- Deep cross-functional leadership, collaboration, and communication experience & skills with a track record of consistently driving clarity and alignment to deliver successful product outcomes.
- Experience working on complex, multi-system products.
- Data driven; metrics definition and ability to draw insight guide action from analysis.
- Strong understanding of autonomy related technologies.
- Experience building safety critical products with detailed systems engineering and validation requirements.
- Comfortable with ambiguity, and ability to context switch between major focus areas within an organization.
- Ability to think outside of the box – we’re building technology for a world that doesn’t exist yet!
- A passion to apply technology and data to change how goods and people move, and make the world a safer place.
- “Shipping” mentality – focus on the critical path to ship the product.
The base salary range for this position is $141,000-$211,000. Aurora’s pay ranges are determined by role, level, and location. Within the range, the successful candidate’s starting base pay will be determined based on factors including job-related skills, experience, qualifications, relevant education or training, and market conditions. These ranges may be modified in the future. The successful candidate will also be eligible for an annual bonus, equity compensation, and benefits.
Working at Aurora
At Aurora, we bring together people with extraordinary talent and experience united by the strength of our values. We operate with integrity, set outrageous goals, and continue to build a culture where we win together—all without any jerks.
We have offices in 8+ locations across the United States. We offer a competitive benefits package to qualifying employees. Our Career Page includes everything you need to know about working at Aurora.
At the core of everything we do is our commitment to safety. Building best-in-class self-driving technology will take time, and we believe that each employee at Aurora has a role in contributing to safety, every step of the way. Aurora expects commitment to our safety policies from every employee, and seeks candidates who take an active responsibility, can contribute to building an atmosphere of trust, and invest in the organization’s long-term success by prioritizing working safely, no matter what.
We believe that self-driving technology has broad benefits – including an increase in safety and access to transportation – and to achieve those benefits, we want and need a workforce with diverse experiences, insights, and perspectives; said another way, a workforce that reflects the communities and people our technology will benefit. You can find all the latest news on our Blog
Individuals seeking employment at Aurora are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy status, parent or caregiver status, ancestry, political affiliation, veteran and/or military status, physical or mental disability, or any other status protected by federal or state law.