Who We Are
Aurora (Nasdaq: AUR) is delivering the benefits of self-driving technology safely, quickly, and broadly. Founded in 2017 by experts in the self-driving industry, Aurora is revolutionizing transportation – making it safer, increasingly accessible, and more reliable and efficient than ever before. Its flagship product, the Aurora Driver, is a platform that brings together software, hardware, and data services, to autonomously operate passenger vehicles, light commercial vehicles, and heavy-duty trucks. Aurora is partnered with industry leaders across the transportation ecosystem including Toyota, Volvo, PACCAR, Uber, Uber Freight, FedEx, and U.S. Xpress. Aurora tests its vehicles in the Bay Area, Pittsburgh, and Texas and has offices in those areas as well as in Bozeman, MT; Seattle, WA; Louisville, CO; and Detroit, MI. To learn more, visit www.aurora.tech.
Aurora hires talented people with diverse backgrounds who are ready to help build a transportation ecosystem that will make our roads safer, get crucial goods where they need to go, and make mobility more efficient and accessible for all. We’re searching for a Senior Manager, Fleet Operations.
In this role, you will
- Be a key leader on our Operations team as we build and shift our organization to support both development and scaled commercial operation
- Be accountable for maximizing the utilization and uptime of a fleet of autonomous and auxillary vehicles, trailers, and assets.
- Lead a team of operations professionals, technicians, and reliability engineers with clear goal and priority setting, constant process improvement, and successful change management skills
- Identify key areas of inefficiency, work cross-functionally to establish best practices, and create & implement Standard Operating Procedures
- Own efficient implementation of service and maintenance of our fleet; either directly through our workforce or third party vendor management (captive shops, etc). Inclusive of Trucks, Trailers, Passenger vehicles, and auxiliary vehicles.
- Own efficient implementation of service and maintenance for Aurora Driver kits in a commercial environment
- Partner with cross-functional teams to refine and implement field service and maintenance procedures for deployed Aurora Driver hardware
- Effectively manage, develop, and grow a geographically and experientially disparate team
- Lead by example, handle emergency situations with composure and make frequent pragmatic, safety-based and efficiency-based judgment calls
- Establish and drive strategy supporting the evolution of the development of our autonomous technology and the commercial delivery of a logistics and ride-sharing service to customers – guiding the team to solve for the present with an eye to the future.
- Develop, track, and improve metrics for service uptime, reliability, and asset utilization
- Partner closely with cross-functional teams across product, engineering, safety, facilities, and real estate to ensure critical feedback from the road is communicated through the correct channels
- Effectively translate company priorities to discrete, relatable, and actionable goals for the team and drive their implementation
- 10+ years of experience leading and motivating an operations team through significant change and high customer expectations
- Experience working in highly technical environment – experience managing technicians and reliability engineers
- Experience working in the remote support model (Support users / fleet from a remote location)
- Demonstrated ability to motivate and empathize with a disparate population of employees working 24/7/365
- Strong ability to communicate (verbal and written) succinctly and effectively to various global audiences, from engineers to partners to C-level executives
- Master collaborator — unflappable with impeccable attention to detail and organization, ability to influence, motivate, and generate goodwill with teammates while juggling multiple projects at once and never letting the ball drop
- Strong ownership and bias for action. Able to work independently to drive progress
- Experience building project plans and roadmaps with clear dependency management
Working at Aurora
At Aurora, we bring together people with extraordinary talent and experience united by the strength of our values. We operate with integrity, set outrageous goals, and continue to build a culture where we win together—all without any jerks.
We have offices in 8+ locations across the United States. We offer a competitive benefits package to qualifying employees. Our Career Page includes everything you need to know about working at Aurora.
At the core of everything we do is our commitment to safety. Building best-in-class self-driving technology will take time, and we believe that each employee at Aurora has a role in contributing to safety, every step of the way. Aurora expects commitment to our safety policies from every employee, and seeks candidates who take an active responsibility, can contribute to building an atmosphere of trust, and invest in the organization’s long-term success by prioritizing working safely, no matter what.
We believe that self-driving technology has broad benefits – including an increase in safety and access to transportation – and to achieve those benefits, we want and need a workforce with diverse experiences, insights, and perspectives; said another way, a workforce that reflects the communities and people our technology will benefit. You can find all the latest news on our Blog
Individuals seeking employment at Aurora are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy status, parent or caregiver status, ancestry, political affiliation, veteran and/or military status, physical or mental disability, or any other status protected by federal or state law.