Who We Are
Aurora (Nasdaq: AUR) is delivering the benefits of self-driving technology safely, quickly, and broadly. Founded in 2017 by experts in the self-driving industry, Aurora is revolutionizing transportation – making it safer, increasingly accessible, and more reliable and efficient than ever before. Its flagship product, the Aurora Driver, is a platform that brings together software, hardware, and data services, to autonomously operate passenger vehicles, light commercial vehicles, and heavy-duty trucks. Aurora is partnered with industry leaders across the transportation ecosystem including Toyota, Volvo, PACCAR, Uber, Uber Freight, FedEx, and U.S. Xpress. Aurora tests its vehicles in the Bay Area, Pittsburgh, and Texas and has offices in those areas as well as in Bozeman, MT; Seattle, WA; Louisville, CO; and Detroit, MI. To learn more, visit www.aurora.tech.
We’re searching for a We’re searching for a Full Stack Software Engineer to join Aurora’s Perception Datasets team to build cutting-edge visualization tools and back-end integration.
The ideal candidate will enjoy the challenge of building large-scale systems with interactive web components and visualizations that uncover insights into the data that drives our self-driving performance. The impact of your work will be fast data analysis tools and intuitive services that accelerate our experimental development process. This involves tight collaboration with backend and frontend services, autonomy and ML model developers, product, design, and many other internal customers.
In this role, you will
- Architect powerful backend and frontend systems to analyze self-driving data and uncover performance insights
- Develop smart automated data analysis tools with interactive web interfaces
- Design visualization libraries for annotating and rendering interesting actors and scenarios
- Significant ownership, independence, and leadership working across systems and teams
- BS / MS / PhD in Computer Science or a related field
- 5+ years of industry experience building distributed systems or web applications
- Excellent programming and software design skills
- Proficient with databases or storage systems
- Backend development in Python or C++
- Great collaboration and communication skills
- Experience with web service frameworks (e.g., Flask)
- State management with Redux/MobX
- Experience with 2D data visualization and 3D tempo-spatial renderers and tools
- Good understanding of large-scale data design patterns and analysis tools (e.g., Spark)
- Familiarity deploying and managing containerized services in datacenter or cloud environments (e.g., Kubernetes)
Working at Aurora
At Aurora, we bring together people with extraordinary talent and experience united by the strength of our values. We operate with integrity, set outrageous goals, and continue to build a culture where we win together—all without any jerks.
We have offices in 8+ locations across the United States. We offer a competitive benefits package to qualifying employees. Our Career Page includes everything you need to know about working at Aurora.
At the core of everything we do is our commitment to safety. Building best-in-class self-driving technology will take time, and we believe that each employee at Aurora has a role in contributing to safety, every step of the way. Aurora expects commitment to our safety policies from every employee, and seeks candidates who take an active responsibility, can contribute to building an atmosphere of trust, and invest in the organization’s long-term success by prioritizing working safely, no matter what.
We believe that self-driving technology has broad benefits – including an increase in safety and access to transportation – and to achieve those benefits, we want and need a workforce with diverse experiences, insights, and perspectives; said another way, a workforce that reflects the communities and people our technology will benefit. You can find all the latest news on our Blog
Individuals seeking employment at Aurora are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy status, parent or caregiver status, ancestry, political affiliation, veteran and/or military status, physical or mental disability, or any other status protected by federal or state law.