Who We Are
Aurora (Nasdaq: AUR) is delivering the benefits of self-driving technology safely, quickly, and broadly. Founded in 2017 by experts in the self-driving industry, Aurora is revolutionizing transportation – making it safer, increasingly accessible, and more reliable and efficient than ever before. Its flagship product, the Aurora Driver, is a platform that brings together software, hardware, and data services, to autonomously operate passenger vehicles, light commercial vehicles, and heavy-duty trucks. Aurora is partnered with industry leaders across the transportation ecosystem including Toyota, Volvo, PACCAR, Uber, Uber Freight, FedEx, and U.S. Xpress. Aurora tests its vehicles in the Bay Area, Pittsburgh, and Texas and has offices in those areas as well as in Bozeman, MT; Seattle, WA; Louisville, CO; and Detroit, MI. To learn more, visit www.aurora.tech.
Aurora hires talented people with diverse backgrounds who are ready to help build a transportation ecosystem that will make our roads safer, get crucial goods where they need to go, and make mobility more efficient and accessible for all. We’re searching for a Senior Financial Analyst.
In this role, you will
- Play a critical role in budgeting, forecasting, business planning, management reporting, and business analytics activities, adapting these as the business grows and changes.
- Quickly become a trusted Finance Business Partner to Aurora’s Hardware and Supply Chain departments, helping to enhance financial discipline and accountability.
- Contribute to the company’s consolidated forecasting and expense planning workstreams, collaborating cross-functionally across Aurora to help create insightful reporting packages.
- Design and implement advanced financial models that unify a variety of data sources and give transparency to hardware inventory flows.
- Help drive continual improvement and simplification of finance processes.
- Prepare regular financial reporting tailored to the needs of various stakeholders providing facts and insightful analysis.
- Be comfortable in the details as well as contributing more strategically; we are a small department and need people who will lead by example and are able to operate at all levels.
- 7+ years relevant experience in Finance roles in large and/or fast growing companies; significant experience in public companies with quarterly reporting requirements preferred.
- Hands-on experience partnering business stakeholders in R&D and/or manufacturing functions.
- Familiar with advanced FP&A tools and systems and corporate accounting systems (e.g. NetSuite, Oracle, SAP).
- Experience preparing and presenting regular reporting for various stakeholders across a company, and tailoring packages for different audiences.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and proven ability to effectively communicate complex concepts in a succinct manner.
- CPA (or international equivalent), CFA or MBA are preferred but not required
- Expert-level GSuite skills, particularly Google Sheets, Google Docs and Google Slides
- SQL experience is a plus.
- Worked with and helped develop sophisticated FP&A tools (e.g. Essbase, Anaplan, TM1) that tie directly into corporate accounting systems
- Plex and/or Coupa experience is a plus.
Working at Aurora
At Aurora, we bring together people with extraordinary talent and experience united by the strength of our values. We operate with integrity, set outrageous goals, and continue to build a culture where we win together—all without any jerks.
We have offices in 8+ locations across the United States. We offer a competitive benefits package to qualifying employees. Our Career Page includes everything you need to know about working at Aurora.
At the core of everything we do is our commitment to safety. Building best-in-class self-driving technology will take time, and we believe that each employee at Aurora has a role in contributing to safety, every step of the way. Aurora expects commitment to our safety policies from every employee, and seeks candidates who take an active responsibility, can contribute to building an atmosphere of trust, and invest in the organization’s long-term success by prioritizing working safely, no matter what.
We believe that self-driving technology has broad benefits – including an increase in safety and access to transportation – and to achieve those benefits, we want and need a workforce with diverse experiences, insights, and perspectives; said another way, a workforce that reflects the communities and people our technology will benefit. You can find all the latest news on our Blog
Individuals seeking employment at Aurora are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy status, parent or caregiver status, ancestry, political affiliation, veteran and/or military status, physical or mental disability, or any other status protected by federal or state law.