- Full Time
Who We Are
Aurora (Nasdaq: AUR) is delivering the benefits of self-driving technology safely, quickly, and broadly. Founded in 2017 by experts in the self-driving industry, Aurora is revolutionizing transportation – making it safer, increasingly accessible, and more reliable and efficient than ever before. Its flagship product, the Aurora Driver, is a platform that brings together software, hardware, and data services, to autonomously operate passenger vehicles, light commercial vehicles, and heavy-duty trucks. Aurora is partnered with industry leaders across the transportation ecosystem including Toyota, Volvo, PACCAR, Uber, Uber Freight, FedEx, and U.S. Xpress. Aurora tests its vehicles in the Bay Area, Pittsburgh, and Texas and has offices in those areas as well as in Bozeman, MT; Seattle, WA; Louisville, CO; and Detroit, MI. To learn more, visit www.aurora.tech.
> Please use your Aurora Email Address in this internal application
Aurora’s Security Software Engineering team’s mission is to design, implement, and evaluate security components across Aurora’s software, hardware, and services.
Our team is responsible for the secure design and implementation of technology built for the onboard vehicle platform and the cloud services with which the vehicle communicates. In addition to contributing to the security architectural strategy, the team is involved in architecture reviews, reviewing threat models, security code reviews, and release-security for Aurora’s products. The focus of this team however, is the design and development of new security frameworks and technologies for our autonomous vehicle platform. We are searching for an experienced software engineer with security development experience that is excited to lead development of security-specific software components for the autonomous vehicle platform to join us on this mission.
In this role you will
- Design and develop new security components for our autonomous vehicle platform
- Build and embed security components within autonomy frameworks and infrastructure frameworks
- Work with partner teams to perform architectural design reviews of software, hardware, and services
- Lead successful integration of security capabilities and components with partner teams
- Work with Vehicle Platform partners and OEMs and ensure successful security integration into the Aurora Driver platform
- Guide and mentor both security and non-security engineers
- Foundational knowledge of operating system security for Linux
- Foundational knowledge of the CWE Top 25
- Ability and desire to write production-quality code in C++, Golang, or Python
- Ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical audiences
- Familiarity with automotive protocols and security standards
- Experience building and evaluating threat models
- Familiarity with and Ability to implement best practices related to cryptographic protocols, infrastructure and network security
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a security-specific or security-adjacent industry
- Minimum 2 years of experience in the robotics or automotive industry or equivalent
- Experience evaluating the security of software and services
- Foundational knowledge of embedded firmware security and hardware security, preferably in the robotics or automotive space
- Familiarity working with or developing fuzzers
- Familiarity with cloud security (AWS) and infrastructure-as-code
- Familiarity with Trusted Platform Modules, HSMs, and trusted boot
- A history of giving back to the security industry via open source contributions, published papers, or conference presentations
The base salary range for this position is $144-187K per year. Aurora’s pay ranges are determined by role, level, and location. Within the range, the successful candidate’s starting base pay will be determined based on factors including job-related skills, experience, qualifications, relevant education or training, and market conditions. These ranges may be modified in the future. The successful candidate will also be eligible for an annual bonus, equity compensation, and benefits.
Working at Aurora
At Aurora, we bring together people with extraordinary talent and experience united by the strength of our values. We operate with integrity, set outrageous goals, and continue to build a culture where we win together—all without any jerks.
We have offices in 8+ locations across the United States. We offer a competitive benefits package to qualifying employees. Our Career Page includes everything you need to know about working at Aurora.
At the core of everything we do is our commitment to safety. Building best-in-class self-driving technology will take time, and we believe that each employee at Aurora has a role in contributing to safety, every step of the way. Aurora expects commitment to our safety policies from every employee, and seeks candidates who take an active responsibility, can contribute to building an atmosphere of trust, and invest in the organization’s long-term success by prioritizing working safely, no matter what.
We believe that self-driving technology has broad benefits – including an increase in safety and access to transportation – and to achieve those benefits, we want and need a workforce with diverse experiences, insights, and perspectives; said another way, a workforce that reflects the communities and people our technology will benefit. You can find all the latest news on our Blog
Individuals seeking employment at Aurora are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy status, parent or caregiver status, ancestry, political affiliation, veteran and/or military status, physical or mental disability, or any other status protected by federal or state law.