Who We Are
Aurora (Nasdaq: AUR) is delivering the benefits of self-driving technology safely, quickly, and broadly. Founded in 2017 by experts in the self-driving industry, Aurora is revolutionizing transportation – making it safer, increasingly accessible, and more reliable and efficient than ever before. Its flagship product, the Aurora Driver, is a platform that brings together software, hardware, and data services, to autonomously operate passenger vehicles, light commercial vehicles, and heavy-duty trucks. Aurora is partnered with industry leaders across the transportation ecosystem including Toyota, Volvo, PACCAR, Uber, Uber Freight, FedEx, and U.S. Xpress. Aurora tests its vehicles in the Bay Area, Pittsburgh, and Texas and has offices in those areas as well as in Bozeman, MT; Seattle, WA; Louisville, CO; and Detroit, MI. To learn more, visit www.aurora.tech.
Aurora hires talented people with diverse backgrounds who are ready to help build a transportation ecosystem that will make our roads safer, get crucial goods where they need to go, and make mobility more efficient and accessible for all. We’re searching for a Frontend Software Engineer – Simulation.
In this role, you will
– Be integral to the safety and validation of our vehicles and accelerating autonomy development
– Build intuitive and interactive frontend components and user experiences for our users creating and visualizing simulation scenarios
– Develop innovative solutions using internal/external tools to help users increase the quality, breadth, and quantity of simulations
– Learn high level simulation domain topics
– Collaborate with other web focused teams to share knowledge, further standards, and build shared libraries
– Work across a diverse teams of web application engineers, product and UX designers, simulation engineers, autonomy developers, and autonomy test developers
– Build and integrate scalable services to load and process simulation, map, and autonomy data
– Utilize and contribute to core 4D web visualization libraries to interactively create simulation scenarios
We develop and maintain interactive web applications and services for creating, visualizing, and QA’ing high quality simulation scenarios at scale. Our team plays a pivotal role in ensuring Aurora’s autonomy software can be developed safely and quickly in a broad variety of scenarios.
– Take pride in delivering a polished, intuitive, and engaging user experience and outstanding customer service
– Use good judgment to balance speed, quality, and scalability in delivering products responsibly
– Thrive on exploring new technologies, welcome new challenges, learn from failures, and seek out candid feedback for continuous improvement
– Take ownership of feature development and understanding the domain they operate in
– Contribute to maintaining and evolving our culture of engaging others with openness, patience, empathy, and mutual respect
Experience with the following technologies is valued, but not strictly required. We focus on growing as a team, and will help each other learn.
– Fullstack development and cloud infrastructure (we use Flask, NGINX, Kubernetes/Docker, and AWS)
– Experience in UX, prototyping, design (we use Figma and Lucid)
– Data visualization, 3D graphics, linear algebra, statistics (we use Three.js)
– Modern C++, WebAssembly, PyBind
– Other web communication standards/libraries like gRPC, GraphQL, WebSockets, or WebRTC
Who are we looking for?
Skilled software engineers with a passion for web development, user experience, visualizations, learning new technologies, taking on exciting challenges, and working with others. An all around good human that openly shares their knowledge and communicates clearly, concisely, and respectfully. Someone that believes in our company mission and values, and would like to play an outsized role in ensuring that our commercial launch is delivered safely and quickly.
What do we offer?
– Solve interesting challenges in building and scaling sim scenario creation tools, visualizations, workflows, services, and processes
– Have opportunities to explore beyond standard frontend single page applications with work on the backend, services, and 3D visualizations, as well as many related technologies
– Provide a safe environment to learn and ask questions
– Have the privilege to work closely alongside highly engaged and talented users and engineers from many domains
– Are given the flexibility to work from home near one of our many offices
Working at Aurora
At Aurora, we bring together people with extraordinary talent and experience united by the strength of our values. We operate with integrity, set outrageous goals, and continue to build a culture where we win together—all without any jerks.
We have offices in 8+ locations across the United States. We offer a competitive benefits package to qualifying employees. Our Career Page includes everything you need to know about working at Aurora.
At the core of everything we do is our commitment to safety. Building best-in-class self-driving technology will take time, and we believe that each employee at Aurora has a role in contributing to safety, every step of the way. Aurora expects commitment to our safety policies from every employee, and seeks candidates who take an active responsibility, can contribute to building an atmosphere of trust, and invest in the organization’s long-term success by prioritizing working safely, no matter what.
We believe that self-driving technology has broad benefits – including an increase in safety and access to transportation – and to achieve those benefits, we want and need a workforce with diverse experiences, insights, and perspectives; said another way, a workforce that reflects the communities and people our technology will benefit. You can find all the latest news on our Blog
Individuals seeking employment at Aurora are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy status, parent or caregiver status, ancestry, political affiliation, veteran and/or military status, physical or mental disability, or any other status protected by federal or state law.