Who We Are
Aurora (Nasdaq: AUR) is delivering the benefits of self-driving technology safely, quickly, and broadly. Founded in 2017 by experts in the self-driving industry, Aurora is revolutionizing transportation – making it safer, increasingly accessible, and more reliable and efficient than ever before. Its flagship product, the Aurora Driver, is a platform that brings together software, hardware, and data services, to autonomously operate passenger vehicles, light commercial vehicles, and heavy-duty trucks. Aurora is partnered with industry leaders across the transportation ecosystem including Toyota, Volvo, PACCAR, Uber, Uber Freight, FedEx, and U.S. Xpress. Aurora tests its vehicles in the Bay Area, Pittsburgh, and Texas and has offices in those areas as well as in Bozeman, MT; Seattle, WA; Louisville, CO; and Detroit, MI. To learn more, visit www.aurora.tech.
Aurora hires talented people with diverse backgrounds who are ready to help build a transportation ecosystem that will make our roads safer, get crucial goods where they need to go, and make mobility more efficient and accessible for all. We’re searching for a Technical Program Manager – Online Maps.
In this role, you will
- Serve as the Technical Program Manager for Autonomy’s Online Map team, a workstream of ~20 engineers (autonomy software, perception software, and machine/deep learning experts) and data scientists / data operations personnel..
- Partner deeply with Online Map technical leads and engineers to drive development of the Aurora Driver including:
- Developing core technologies to navigate construction zones and handle mobile work convoys.
- Recognizing critical unmapped signs and traffic signals.
- Addressing safety and performance issues where the Aurora map is stale or incorrect.
- Ensuring that the Aurora Driver stays within mapped operating domain.
- Provide a solution for rapid updates to map content.
- Using insights from Online Map data science to define product requirements and provide critical signal to developers on what to prioritize.
- Implementing detectors and triggers for construction zones that are outside of the Aurora Drivers operating domain.
- Work with engineers to ensure robust development of subsystem requirements and test cases in partnership with System and Safety teams. Ensure appropriate documentation to support Aurora’s Safety Case.
- Serve as point of contact for Online Map team between Autonomy modules and cross-functional teams. Be able to speak to team’s priorities and status of top issues. Work with cross-functional teams to identify and track incoming and outgoing dependencies.
- Track team progress, evaluate risks and communicate status to upper management and project stakeholders, and engage and energize the project teams to achieve aggressive goals.
- Instill an efficient program management mindset and workflow across the team, and function as a go-to resource for project management mentorship.
- Remove obstacles to drive momentum and progress, identify gaps in communication or schedule, manage issue escalations and provide support to teams balancing competing priorities, and drive results proactively.
- Understand technical implementation at the architectural level and propose technical alternatives when necessary; ask questions that clarify priorities and push the team to be effective.
- Minimum of 5 years experience as a Technical Program Manager, Product Manager, or Engineering Manager, or Engineer in an autonomous systems, robotics, data science, machine learning, computer vision, or software development environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Math, Data Science, Information Systems or a related area, or the equivalent in experience with evidence of exceptional ability preferred.
- A strong familiarity with machine learning models, robotics or computer vision systems and their architecture.
- Direct, measurable impact through the design, development and launch of groundbreaking products or delivery of significant and novel technology programs.
- Solid technical aptitude and an ability to understand technical designs, software development lifecycle, challenges and risks; ability to work closely with engineers.
- Strong experience in project management; practical familiarity with both Agile and Waterfall methodologies and ability to apply them where best suited.
- Passion for shipping new to market products and the ability to dynamically adapt to new responsibilities needed to do so.
Working at Aurora
At Aurora, we bring together people with extraordinary talent and experience united by the strength of our values. We operate with integrity, set outrageous goals, and continue to build a culture where we win together—all without any jerks.
We have offices in 8+ locations across the United States. We offer a competitive benefits package to qualifying employees. Our Career Page includes everything you need to know about working at Aurora.
At the core of everything we do is our commitment to safety. Building best-in-class self-driving technology will take time, and we believe that each employee at Aurora has a role in contributing to safety, every step of the way. Aurora expects commitment to our safety policies from every employee, and seeks candidates who take an active responsibility, can contribute to building an atmosphere of trust, and invest in the organization’s long-term success by prioritizing working safely, no matter what.
We believe that self-driving technology has broad benefits – including an increase in safety and access to transportation – and to achieve those benefits, we want and need a workforce with diverse experiences, insights, and perspectives; said another way, a workforce that reflects the communities and people our technology will benefit. You can find all the latest news on our Blog
Individuals seeking employment at Aurora are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy status, parent or caregiver status, ancestry, political affiliation, veteran and/or military status, physical or mental disability, or any other status protected by federal or state law.