Who We Are
Aurora (Nasdaq: AUR) is delivering the benefits of self-driving technology safely, quickly, and broadly. Founded in 2017 by experts in the self-driving industry, Aurora is revolutionizing transportation – making it safer, increasingly accessible, and more reliable and efficient than ever before. Its flagship product, the Aurora Driver, is a platform that brings together software, hardware, and data services, to autonomously operate passenger vehicles, light commercial vehicles, and heavy-duty trucks. Aurora is partnered with industry leaders across the transportation ecosystem including Toyota, Volvo, PACCAR, Uber, Uber Freight, FedEx, and U.S. Xpress. Aurora tests its vehicles in the Bay Area, Pittsburgh, and Texas and has offices in those areas as well as in Bozeman, MT; Seattle, WA; Louisville, CO; and Detroit, MI. To learn more, visit www.aurora.tech.
Aurora hires talented people with diverse backgrounds who are ready to help build a transportation ecosystem that will make our roads safer, get crucial goods where they need to go, and make mobility more efficient and accessible for all. We are searching for an Associate Manager, Operator Training, based in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania or Dallas-Fort Worth, Texas. This role lives in Vehicle Operations, reports directly to the Head of Operations Culture & Training, and works cross-functionally with representatives from Test Management, People Operations, Software Engineering, Safety, Vehicle Operations, and others.
We are seeking an open, approachable, problem solver who can drive and scale an efficient and effective in-vehicle training program in a fast paced environment, while balancing team health and business needs.
In this role, you will:
- Be the accountable leader for a group of Vehicle/Truck Operations Instructors, Leads, and Project Managers; responsible for the creation, instruction, evaluation, and retention of the Vehicle Operations Training Program, with a focus on safety and efficiency
- Using a data driven approach to define and measure individual and program success metrics, hold your team accountable for their performance based on quantitative and qualitative data
- Ensure that all content and instruction reflects current applicable policies and processes, as well as fulfills organizational requirements for safety and operations
- Regularly review existing training materials produced by Aurora and third parties to determine relevance. Source new training materials when necessary
- Effectively present new information to audiences of varied levels of experience, with the goal of knowledge retention and high functional performance
- Manage course execution and completion process through Learning Management System
- Track individual qualifications and certifications, maintain historical records through a centralized source and produce accurate and clear reports as required
- Partner closely with internal stakeholders to understand training needs across platforms, roles, and teams, to ensure continuous improvement of VOps Training Program
- Implement remedial training program based on defined operator expectations and performance thresholds, created in partnership with Operations Leaders
- Manage Instructor performance, conduct quarterly audits of instructor efficacy and deliver timely performance feedback with documentation and follow up, early and often
- Manage training schedules, partner with IT, Recruiting, and POps to ensure new-hire trainees are set up for success
- Act as responsible party for meeting all safety related training requirements.
- BA/BS and 2+ years of relevant experience or 4+ years of relevant experience in lieu of a degree
- 4+ years of people and/or program management in fast-paced, ever-changing environment
- Deep understanding of Learning Management System tools with experience leveraging and maintaining a program through an LMS tool
- Excellent written, verbal, and oral communication and presentation skills
- Experience establishing and scaling a technical or educational program with proven success
- Experience with Apple and Microsoft products, Google Suite
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time and support training during evenings and/or weekends as needed.
- Prior experience in transportation, commercial trucking, or AV technology industries
- Experience managing managers and individual contributors
- Experience using audio/visual equipment for presentation and educational purposes
- Experience with Jira, Confluence, Workday, Slack, Samsara, and/or Fleetio
- Experience with DOT and FMCSA policies and regulations
- Experience with Environmental Health and Safety and/or OSHA
Working at Aurora
At Aurora, we bring together people with extraordinary talent and experience united by the strength of our values. We operate with integrity, set outrageous goals, and continue to build a culture where we win together—all without any jerks.
We have offices in 8+ locations across the United States. We offer a competitive benefits package to qualifying employees. Our Career Page includes everything you need to know about working at Aurora.
At the core of everything we do is our commitment to safety. Building best-in-class self-driving technology will take time, and we believe that each employee at Aurora has a role in contributing to safety, every step of the way. Aurora expects commitment to our safety policies from every employee, and seeks candidates who take an active responsibility, can contribute to building an atmosphere of trust, and invest in the organization’s long-term success by prioritizing working safely, no matter what.
We believe that self-driving technology has broad benefits – including an increase in safety and access to transportation – and to achieve those benefits, we want and need a workforce with diverse experiences, insights, and perspectives; said another way, a workforce that reflects the communities and people our technology will benefit. You can find all the latest news on our Blog
Individuals seeking employment at Aurora are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy status, parent or caregiver status, ancestry, political affiliation, veteran and/or military status, physical or mental disability, or any other status protected by federal or state law.