Who we are:
Argo AI is a global self-driving products and services company on a mission to make the world’s streets and roadways safe, accessible, and useful for all. Our technology is built to enable commercial services for autonomous delivery and ridesharing in cities.
With experienced leaders in the field and collaborative partnerships with some of the world’s top consumer brands, we’re working block by block, city by city to empower people and businesses to be more successful. We’re individuals driven by strong values to solve complex problems together. Come join us to reimagine the human journey.
Meet the team:
The Autonomy Operations team is responsible for planning and executing tests on system level components, as well as providing the necessary support needed to execute testing. Testing Operations’ essential function at Argo AI is to safely execute and support the test initiatives set forth by our engineering team. They work with test engineers and other teams to develop appropriate means to execute and support testing, including specific test software, hardware, interfaces and instrumentation. They are responsible for coordinating all required resources for test execution and ensuring tests are executed in a safe, effective and efficient manner.
What you’ll do:
- The Greenville Testing Operations Manager will be instrumental in ensuring local Testing Operations are running effectively and coincide with all Argo AI Testing Operations locations
- Manage a small Operations team responsible for providing operational support and executing tests in support of autonomous system research efforts
- Serve as the operational lead for the local Testing Operations at the Test Track, understanding both current and future workstreams, stakeholders, and capabilities
- Cultivate and maintain a healthy, diverse work culture and environment with a strong focus on safety by administering daily briefings, performing continuing education classes, administering performance reviews and leading by example
- Will be responsible for development and implementation of policies and procedures to shape the department and location specific efforts
- Create, manage and track aggressive department objectives to challenge the team and drive key results supporting the organization’s mission
- Focus on process improvements, data metrics, reporting, operational growth, strategic planning, standardization, and productivity/output
What you'll need to succeed:
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in any field of study
- 5 years of management experience required
- Team management experience with the ability to manage performance and output of other individuals
- Ability to motivate and lead a team
- Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting, implementing solutions, and documenting results
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to span a large and varied workforce
- Detail oriented/good organizational skills
- Occasional travel to remote offices and test facilities
What we offer you:
- High-quality individual and family medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Competitive compensation packages
- Employer-matched 401(k) retirement plan with immediate vesting
- Employer-paid group term life insurance and the option to elect voluntary life insurance
- Paid parental leave
- Adoption & Surrogacy Assistance Program
- Paid medical leave
- 30 day paid sabbatical upon 5 years of employment
- Unlimited vacation
- Complimentary daily lunches, beverages, and snacks
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Professional development reimbursement
- Employee assistance program
- Discounted programs that include legal services, identity theft protection, pet insurance, and more
- Company and team bonding outlets: employee resource groups, quarterly team activity stipend, and wellness initiative
Argo AI was founded in 2016 by industry experts with extensive experience building robotic systems for commercial applications. Our once-small team has since grown into an over 1,700-person strong company with strategic partnerships with some of the world’s leading consumer brands. With global headquarters in Pittsburgh, we operate in eight cities across the U.S. and Germany in areas where self-driving technology can have the biggest impact on improving safety, traffic, and transportation equity.
At Argo AI, we believe that embracing differences delivers superior results. We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to an inclusive environment for all employees.